Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XML Files into Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TechW
1937 Views, 2 Replies

XML Files into Inventor

I have XML files for Materials that I have used for several years. BUT they are just that - XML files & supporting PNG images of textures.

I guess I got these back when I installed Inventor Publisher in 2008 or 2009. And I have changed computers 3 or 4 times - up to Inventor 2011, they worked everytime.

Now with Inventor 2013, they don't work. How do I get the .XML files and/or info into a custom Inventor library so they work properly? and no - there is not an .adsklib files available in that folder to migrate. That would be tooooo easy.

Migrating will not recognize just .XML files. Not to my knowledge anyway.

Thanks in advance.

TechW
Using 3ds Max Design 2015
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Dean
in reply to: TechW

Message 3 of 3
TechW
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Thanks... where do I locate Fig 4 in Inventor 2013 menu structure?

Even tho this does help with other questions I am dealing with about Inventor 2013, it does not address my problem.

I have XML files with Materials properties listed in them that I have used extensively in the past... but no library file proper (no .adsklib file) with them.

Is there a way to get the XML files (or any one XML file) imported into a library for Inventor 2013?

TechW
Using 3ds Max Design 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report