Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSE Error 1001 When installing on Win7 64 bit (Inventor 10)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cmharb
8104 Views, 7 Replies

WSE Error 1001 When installing on Win7 64 bit (Inventor 10)

Hi,

Ive just upgraded my system to Win7 64 Bit and all other software i use has installed fine except for Inventor 10.

As soon as i start the installer i get an error saying that it cant install Microsoft WSE 2.0 with error 1001.

Ive searched around on the net for a solution for this but i cannot find one. But i have found that Microsoft says that WSE 2.0 is not compatible with Win7.

The Win7 install is a very clean one. ie, new HD and installed onto that.

When the machine was an XP SP2 machine Inventor 10 installed fine.

system spec: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 2.66Ghz, 4Gig Mem, 1t Hard disk NIVIDA 512mb Graphics. Edited by: cmharb on Jan 11, 2010 3:08 AM
w7u-64sp1,iv14,intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb,gtx560-4gb
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: cmharb

Inventor 2010 SP2 64 bit version is supported on Windows 7.

Inventor 10 is not supported.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
http://teknigroup.com
Message 3 of 8
cmharb

are you saying that i have to go out and spend a load of money i cant afford to get the latest version?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Or downgrade to Windows XP. Version 10 is not supported, plus it's a 32
bit application.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
http://teknigroup.com
Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

inventor 10 is about a 4 or 5 year old product
don't expect it to work on a brand new os like win 7

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
cmharb

ok, thanks for the feedback. I have found a solution. And it is very simple.

Win7 Ultimate 64bit has an option for backward compatibility called Windows Virtual PC. It needs to be downloaded from the Microsoft site and installs a virtual XP machine.

Inventor 10 installs perfectly onto this and works fine. So i don't have to update my vault.

If you have found this thread because you have had the same installing problem as i have, then search the windows help with 'Virtual PC' and it will give you instructions on how to download it and install it.
Message 7 of 8
JessicaD42

Cmharb,

Prior to migrating to Windows 7 from Windows XP did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor?
To determine if your current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Another resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

@cmharb Thank you for finding this solution. Running IV10 within the Virtual XP environment helped me get an old project open and help a client that is using IV10. (Granted it is a bit sluggish and the video regen is clunky.)

One of the reasons I was faithful to Autodesk for over 15yrs, was the help I have received for the discussion groups.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report