Hi there, i have some difficulties in Inventor .
I have file in .mm ,when i open it in Autocad , it display correct dimensions , in .mm (for example one dimension is 80mm) , but if i open the same file in Inventor, the same dimension ( 80mm) display 80inch.
What wrong with it?
PS. I have made Tools - Documents Settings - Units -mm and it doesnt help
Solved! Go to Solution.
When you open it does it give you options? In there you can set "detected" units or specify other units
I have file in .mm ,when i open it in Autocad , it display correct dimensions , in .mm (for example one dimension is 80mm) ,
No, it is 80 inches in AutoCAD, not 80mm.
Open your dwg file in AutoCAD
run the -dwgunits command (with the minus sign)
What does AutoCAD say the units are?
It's not clear to me what you have tried so far, but I think these steps should work for you:
1) In AutoCAD select the L profile and then right click and choose Copy (or press CTRL + C on the keyboard)
2) Next, switch to Inventor and make sure you have a new part file created and a sketch active for editing.
3) Then right click in the sketch area and choose Paste (or press CTRL + V)
4) Next, right click and choose Paste Options.
5) In the Paste Options dialog box, choose the Specify Units option and set the drop down box to the correct unit, then click the OK button.
6) Then, click in the sketch area to place the pasted geometry.
Note too that you would be well advised to create a Sketch Block from your pasted geometry.
I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Its says Unit for leght (1) , but i downloaded this file from German CAD site and they dont use inches . I also downloaded another file with C-Profile with dimensions in .mm