Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing Notes on Part / Assemblies

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
envisionit
2258 Views, 8 Replies

Writing Notes on Part / Assemblies

When a co-worker opens an assembly or part drawing I want them to see a note regarding the model, a note that would be used for internal purpose only.
The note has to be visible on the screen when the drawing is opened, anyway of doing something like that?

Thank you

Dalia

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

HI envisionit,

Right-click on the model and choose Create Note. Or right-click on the browser node and choose Create Note. This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I think that's as close as we can get.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: envisionit

As far as the drtawing goes, what I would do is create a drawing template that has the note you need in it.

I would edit the definition of the border and place it there.  DEFINITION.JPG

Then this way when someone creates a new drawing using this template, not only does it show up, but it also cannot be easily deleted.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9

Hi envisionit,

Okay, so Cadmanto's reply made me look a bit closer to what you asked. If you're looking to create a note on the 2D drawing of your models that won't print. You can simply create a layer and set it not to print, and then create a text note and change it to be on that layer (much the way we would do in AutoCAD, if you're familiar with that program).

You could also create a note that floats outside of the sheet, and it won't print.

You might clarify what you're after a bit, if we're guessing incorrectly.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 9
PaulMunford

Or you could try 'Design Notes' - by CAD Tool Box:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3adesign...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 6 of 9
envisionit
in reply to: PaulMunford

I want the note to appear on the screen, BIG, so people see it no matter what.

So I tried all the options you mentioned here, but they are not really what I am looking for.

Message 7 of 9
envisionit

I am looking for something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHeMGxQouw0

But not sure if the product is still available since their website doesn't work.

Maybe you know something for free that can be easily applied to my projects...?

thanks

Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

It looks like they are using a third party software to do what they are showing.

The way I saee it you have a few options.  You either find that third party software and install it.

Or the only things I see available currently in Inventor is you can RC on the feature or component and create a note.

That will give you a note when you hover over it the note will pop up.  This doesn't sound like what you are look for. 

Or you can create a sketch on that component or surface and make the sketch text, but this I think could very much clutter the model.  If these don't work, short of maybe an iLogic routine there is not a way to do what is being shown.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 9
envisionit

I see....

Thank you anyways!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report