Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrapping columns on hole chart & parts list

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Barry1Lau
644 Views, 6 Replies

Wrapping columns on hole chart & parts list

Is there a way to wrap a hole chart or parts list so that there are 2 or more groups of columns to make the charts shorter and wider?  MDT had this feature since at least 2001.  Having a hole chart 4 miles long that runs off the bottom of the page is not that helpful.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: Barry1Lau

Have you tried the Split Table command.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
Barry1Lau
in reply to: blair

I cannot find such a command. There is nothing in editing or formatting tables. In MDT it was a snap because you just chose how many rows high the table should be, clicked wrap right or left and grip edited the table box.
Message 4 of 7
Mario428

@Barry1Lau wrote:

Is there a way to wrap a hole chart or parts list so that there are 2 or more groups of columns to make the charts shorter and wider?  MDT had this feature since at least 2001.  Having a hole chart 4 miles long that runs off the bottom of the page is not that helpful.

Double click the table, find the row you want to wrap at.

RMB on the row and click on "Wrap Table at Row"

Depending on the sheet side the table is at will determine where the other row goes

Message 5 of 7
Barry1Lau
in reply to: Mario428

When I double click the table about the only thing that happens is the useless formatting dialog box opens.

The work around for this problem is create a another hole chart when the first one is at maximum length then laboriously change the hole label for each hole in the new chart.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Message 6 of 7
Mario428

@Barry1Lau wrote:

When I double click the table about the only thing that happens is the useless formatting dialog box opens.

The work around for this problem is create a another hole chart when the first one is at maximum length then laboriously change the hole label for each hole in the new chart.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Put your mouse pointer over the bill of materials, right click, click on "edit parts list"

Find the row you want to wrap at and follow my previous post

You are working in Inventor right?

Just a general question but can someone accept their own reply post as an answer to the original post?

This thread shows as answered but there the "answer" is not an answer.

Message 7 of 7
Barry1Lau
in reply to: Mario428

I don't know about the parts list but the hole chart does not work this way.  It turns out the first reply from Blaine was correct.  The problem was where to find the "split table" command.  It seems that you have to click on the table when the move the table icon is present and then right mouse click on the hole table icon which opens a little menu then you have to slide down to table and click to get the next menu which has split table option.  You also have to have the mouse on the row where you want to split when you click the move table icon.  If you have any other symbols like black arrows, the split table command is greyed out when you fish down thru the menus in the browser.  All in all quite and needlessly arcane but it does work.  Only took a couple of hours to get the right combination of head slapping and belly rubbing for the desired results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report