Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap to surface

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
danijel.radenkovic
718 Views, 8 Replies

Wrap to surface

Hello frineds. I have a problem to make wrap of rectangle on surface showed below. Is there any other way which could do this. Remember, I don't need to project but to wrap sketch.

Thanks in advance

Inventor 2018/Windows 10 x64
If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Which ways have you tried?
Emboss (or maybe decal, depending on what you need) could be what you're looking for...

Can you give a bit more detail, maybe post your file(s)?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 9

Wrap is limited to cylindrical or conic faces (or of course planar).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 9

Hello. I don't need to emboss or decal nothing. I need to make 3D sketch which represent wraping above sketch on surface. Cross section of surface is on attached picture.

Any idea?

Thanks

Danijel

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 9

Well, i made this in order to just get the contour shape.

Not sure if it's of any help, but maybe you can get some ideas out of it...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 9

Hi!

You have only the "sample" in the cylindric face, but with this reference and a litle of maual work you achieve the "wrap result" manually.

Check it. (This is only wrapped in the "horizontal direction", but you can use the same mechanism to build it it both directions.)

Clipboard05.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 9

Is this kind of what you are looking for?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 8 of 9
CCarreiras
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi!

No Corey, what you made is a simple projection. It must be a "Wrap". When you have the front view active, the "square wrapped" become a little small when projected in the cylinder.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 9 of 9

Hello.

Your solution is ok, I will try to use your idea for my problems.

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report