Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working in UCS mode for group project?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
261 Views, 2 Replies

Working in UCS mode for group project?

I am currently about to start a group project in Inventor 10 and wanted to know how can people make parts and submit to one person so he or she assemble them in a UCS environment.

Long story short (every one works off the same xyz/ucs coordinates?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I would use origin point as my reference. You could then create offset work-planes from the origin to start modeling for each part created. This way the person assembling, would only have to the origin of each part to the assembly origin.

You would want to establish which way the +/- for each X, Z and Y work-planes reference your model.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
msklein
in reply to: Anonymous

FIRST I assume you mean IV 2010 NOT 10, and i think you are referring to what aerospace calls a water plane but t plane if I remember correctly. It's been a while. Each part has a specified distance from this plane.  IV has no problems with this approach, as it's already setup with a 0,0,0 point and planes, but I can see problems if you plan on reusing models and your'e designs do not use the same part in the same location on every design, and if you're doing much smaller projects.

Each part will just have to have a set of work planes put in at the start of each part. Aircraft companies really don’t have as much a problem with this, as to the project time frames and groups of designers and engineers are more dedicated to a single project.

GOOD LUCK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report