Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflows error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kilpa
2782 Views, 10 Replies

workflows error

Hi everyone!!
I'm new here and this is my first post.I hope my problem will be easy to fix.
When i tried to transfer assembly from inventor to showcase by the siute workflows this error displayed
"AdWorkflowHost is unknown.Please check your synhub config file"
I can easy open this assembly in showcase but workflow doesn't work
thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
blair
in reply to: kilpa

#1 would be to make sure you are current on all SP's and Hot-Fixes for your products. Go to the ADESK website for each product and check. Will the Suite transfer method work under a different user login?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 11
kilpa
in reply to: kilpa

Thanks for Your suggestion!
I will check it as soon as I back to work (next year :))

Message 4 of 11
klaussnerst41700
in reply to: blair

I have the same problem. When I start a inventor (2015) model in showcase (2015), I have the wrong floor. The floor-area is the front-area... So I decided to open my model from inventor in showcase via suit-workflow. Then I get the error "AdWorkflowHost is unknown. Please check your synhub config file.". What is the problem? There is no hotfix available and installed all patches.
Message 5 of 11
blair
in reply to: klaussnerst41700

Are you sure you are using version 2015 of both. Currently the "Suite" hasn't been released with Inventor and ShowCase packaged together. This workflow sounds like PDS2014. Currently they are stand-alone for 2015.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 11
ChrisMitchell01

The file referred to in that error message is located in a folder called C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy - What files do you have there ? What security permissions does that folder & the files within it have ?

You state Inventor 2015 & Showcase 2015 - how were these installed ?

Separate standalone installations ? From Factory Design Suite, From product Design Suite followed by a standalone install of Showcase or otherwise ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
JoyceZhou
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Could you help check the following items on the machine you saw the error? 1. Which OS are you using? W 8.1 OS? 2. Is the Synergy folder locked at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy? 3. Is the Suite workflow to 3Ds Max works? Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 8 of 11

Hi,

i have no synerg folder. I installed both versions from the student edition.

I solved the problem by opening the file directly in showcase. But the up-view is the side-view. I found out to rotate the model in showcase... But I have a realy complex model (rendering needs 13 hours in inventor...). So I dont want to wait 13 hours for every click in showcase. It would be better if the orientation works.

Message 9 of 11
blair

You shouldn't have one at this point. The workflow described is for Product Design Suite. This hasn't been released for 2015 yet. You currently have stand-alone applications without any linking. Simply open Showcase and Import the Inventor model into Showcase, apply your material finishes and slect your Environment.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 11
klaussnerst41700

Ok thank you 🙂 But another questtion: I selected one part of my model as illuminating part. In the showcase is this part not illuminated. And when I open the material properties, there is no illuminating-ability. What happend? Why is the illuminating function not konverted? Other not illuminating materials have the illuminating-ability in the material properties
Message 11 of 11
blair

You would need to add local lights in Showcase. Lights and decals don't transfer over.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report