Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Plane visibility

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1235 Views, 8 Replies

Work Plane visibility

I had to recently re-install my Inventor 2011 Professional. After doing so, my work planes lost their opacity from one side. Meaning you can only see through them on one side. See the attached picture...

My question is, is there a setting somewhere to change this? I have looked everywhere.

Same part looking in the opposite direction...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

tools..application options..display tab.. pick a different color scheme.. Like Winter Day or whatever..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
Daniela_Koloszko

Color and back color for work planes are defined in registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\System\Preferences\ColorSchemes\Schemes\11\WorkPlaneColor
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\System\Preferences\ColorSchemes\Schemes\11\WorkPlaneBackColor

The values are composed by 4 numbers, the first 3 numbers is the RGB color, the last one is the transparency. 1 means solid color, 0.5 means half transparent, 0 means transparent.

Probably you have “0” in the last digit of WorkPlaneBackColor key.

You can set the color you prefer on your color scheme, for example the number 11 in the example here is the "Winter Night" color scheme. You can change the same settings to the color scheme you use.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

@Daniela_Koloszko wrote:

Color and back color for work planes are defined in registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\System\Preferences\ColorSchemes\Schemes\11\WorkPlaneColor
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\System\Preferences\ColorSchemes\Schemes\11\WorkPlaneBackColor

The values are composed by 4 numbers, the first 3 numbers is the RGB color, the last one is the transparency. 1 means solid color, 0.5 means half transparent, 0 means transparent.

Probably you have “0” in the last digit of WorkPlaneBackColor key.

You can set the color you prefer on your color scheme, for example the number 11 in the example here is the "Winter Night" color scheme. You can change the same settings to the color scheme you use.

So what is the file path to be able to change the transparency? Or what are the steps to do so?

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

So what is the file path to be able to change the transparency? Or what are the steps to do so?

In general if you do not have experience editing your registry - you should probably find someone who does.
But if you are determined to give it a go -
Start>Run>regedit  for the rest you are on your own as I don't want to lead you into a mess.  Just make sure you save a back-up of your registry first.

Someone else might come along and post the exact steps or a routine to edit it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you. I will have our IT personnel do it.

Message 7 of 9
Daniela_Koloszko

You can also install the SDK tool “User Tools” located in the SDK installation folder : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\SDK 

UserTools.msi 

It  helps to make the changes without the need to edit the registry. This set of custom Inventor utility includes the Color Scheme Editor that allows users to change the colors of a color scheme for work features and other elements in the user interface.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

I have installed the SDK tool. Now how do I go about editing the said features? Work features, Color scheme etc?

Message 9 of 9
Daniela_Koloszko

You can open the ColorScheme Editor from this folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\SDK\UserTools\ColorSchemeEditor\Bin

In the dialog box of this tool, you can see all the Color Schemes and change the Work plane Back settings for your active Color Scheme. Please see attached images.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report