Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Computer and home office projects

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
michael.shelley
915 Views, 9 Replies

Work Computer and home office projects

Guys,

For the first time next month I will begin working from home 50% of the time. I was wondering what possible ways I have of working on the same project both in the office and at home on separte pc's and keeping all files/folders updated? I would appreaciate as many suggestions as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: michael.shelley

Michael,

I have done that before where I work, but our IT department set up a link from my home PC to be able to access my work computer as long as I leave it on.  Is this an option for you?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10

there are a number of solutions, AFAIK you are still not supposed to remote in and run autodesk software on your work PC from home although this is the simpleist method.  Vault options may be worth a look at.  You are allowed 2 copies on 1 licence as long as you dont run both of them at the same time...

I work from home 2 days a week and this is my biggest problem Smiley Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_DNpTMKXk

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 4 of 10
michael.shelley
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi,

This could be one possible solution:) I will need to talk to our IT department.

Has anyone ever used a folder compare/Mirror program?

Michael

Message 5 of 10
mrattray

If you're on subscription you could use AutoDesk 360 to store the documents in a common location.
As Steven suggested, you're allowed to have a second installation of your work license at home or on a laptop, as long as they're not both in use at the same time.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 10
michael.shelley
in reply to: mrattray

Hi,

OK I'll look into 360. Someone also mentioned to me to look at DropBox as an option? Anyone tried this?

Michael

Message 7 of 10
mrattray

DropBox is nice, I use it to share files with non-Inventor people; but 360 is meant for this and if you're on subscription then you already have it.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 10
GSE_Dan_A

DropBox is great to use for sharing PDFs with clients.  Upload, link, done.  But as far as models, parts, assemblies, it could get tricky/ messy. 

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 9 of 10
michael.shelley
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Ok Guys,

Thanks for all the help. Really appreciated!

M

Message 10 of 10
rdyson
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

I use it (dropbox) for Inventor files for a variety of customers. I've had no problems and don't expect any. May or may not be as secure as 360 but anything on the internet has some risk.

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report