Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wooden Parquet pattern

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ProdigalS0n
1784 Views, 5 Replies

Wooden Parquet pattern

Hi All

I am attempting to replicate a small area of parquet flooring in oak (see image below) how best would I model this in inventor? Would I be best to create the individual Parallelogram part and hexagon part and then constrain them together in an assembly?

Parquet Pattern

The reason i ask is that I can see this being a lot of work in constraining the parts together. does anyone have any tips or insight into how best to do this?

Hope I have made sense.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: ProdigalS0n

Here is an idea - create a box and apply a cosmetic texture just like you have shown.

If you wanted, for some reason, to take it a step further, you could Split the faces and apply textures

or

a step beyond that Split the box into parts in a multi-body part and then push out the assembly (Make Components).

I am pretty sure I would not model individual parts and then try to constrain them in an assembly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
ProdigalS0n
in reply to: JDMather

HI JD

Will have a look at that and see how it goes.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: ProdigalS0n

@ProdigalS0n wrote:

Hi All

Would I be best to create the individual Parallelogram part and hexagon part and then constrain them together in an assembly?

The reason i ask is that I can see this being a lot of work in constraining the parts together. does anyone have any tips or insight into how best to do this?

Hope I have made sense.

If the texture image is not sufficient then yes a hex/parallelogram are all thats needed.. (3 par and 1 hex then pattern) Should take no more than a minute to create a whole floor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: mcgyvr

Now that I step back for a minute - yeah, an assembly pattern would be easy, maybe even the easiest solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
jurgen.galba
in reply to: JDMather

check the following, some samples of te'xtures for Inventor

http://www.inventorwizard.be/textures/material

- Aut viam inveniam aut faciam -
(I shall either find a way or make one.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report