Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wires are not displayed as rendered after they are created with harness and wire

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tryggvis
747 Views, 4 Replies

Wires are not displayed as rendered after they are created with harness and wire

Hi all

I am getting very frustrated here. After I create a wire it will not be displayed as a rendered wire. There is no indication of error in the wire (to sharp angle) and this is also happens for a straight wires with no turns.

I have made multiple revisions of an assembly and in older reviosions I can make the wires and they are shown as rendered. But in the latest revision it is not possible. In a older revision I had a harness assembly than deleted it could this have any affect?

Also is there any setting that hides rendered wires that I might have turned on accidently?

And yeah I have a student licence and the assembly has about 700 parts if that makes any difference.

Hope you can help

Tryggvi

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: tryggvis

14-11-2013 1-55-44 p-m-.jpg

Peter
Message 3 of 5
JDMather

@tryggvis wrote:

And yeah I have a student licence ..

Student license has the same functionality.
Can you post an assembly with just one wire that exhibits this behavior?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
tryggvis
in reply to: JDMather

Hi thanks for taking the time.

Here is a snapshot I took, I have tried to push the rendered display button miltiple times but nothing happens it still stays as centerline display.

On the figure below I have a yellow, generic wire 12 AWG.

I also did try to rebuilt all with no luck. Can this be related to the content center?

wiring_problem.PNG

Message 5 of 5
tryggvis

This seems to be also the case in the Tube and Pipe environment, can't get the rendered tube only the centerline are shown.

No errors in the assembly file, can't figure out what is wrong.

Any help appriciated.

Tryggvi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report