Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

gaphtape
Message 1 of 1 (139 Views)

Wireframe model to reference for structure

139 Views, 0 Replies
08-05-2011 06:59 AM

Hey there,

So, I need to generate a structure for an irregularly shaped object.  In the past, I would import to vanilla CAD a low res, 3d line drawing from .obj or .ma, or something, and then build the model in CAD or MDT.  Now, I want to do that in Inventor.  

If I import the wireframe to Inventor as a 3d sketch, it's way to heavy to use and bogs down the usually speedy system. I usually can break down the object into layers and only view what I need at any given time, but a part of this sketch could be hundreds of lines and that seems to be to much for IV.

Does anyone know I might go about having a wireframe (or similar) 'reference' in IV to be able to build a structure within?

Thanks

~t

oh, I'm using IV 2010 Pro on XP

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.