Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire and Harness Issue: Loss of connection points

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
adeforest
373 Views, 3 Replies

Wire and Harness Issue: Loss of connection points

All,

I am placing authored components into an assembly and loosing the connection points on the component.  For example I have an assembly in my files that has a header tht accepts a discrete wire.  When my assembly is opened alone the header maintains the points for attaching a wire when working with a harness.  This subassembly is then added to another assembly and at this level the connection points are no longer active or visible .

Additionally,when I add a switch to my upper level assembly the connection points become inactive and not visible. When that same switch is opened alone the contact points are visible.

I have had success in the past with adding components and connecting a harness between them.  There must be some hierarchial rule I am violating that removes access to the contact points but it's not clear to me what is breaking the rule.

Thanks,

Al

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: adeforest

Inventor version?

Have you made sure that "View tab...Visibility section.."user work points" is checked in the object visability flyout"?

Have you restarted your computer?

Does this only happen with certain parts?

Have you updated your graphics card driver?

Any imported (non native Inventor) parts in these assemblies?

I do what you are describing all the time and have NEVER lost visibility of the pins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
adeforest
in reply to: mcgyvr

Spoiler

Simple! Went into View tab and selected user work point for visibility and voila, there they are.  I am usually going in and turning the work points off.  Didn't realize they were turning off ad hoch.

What setting is needed to keep the visibility on during the plasement into an assembly?

Thanks for the help.

Al

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: adeforest

@Adeforest wrote:
Spoiler
What setting is needed to keep the visibility on during the plasement into an assembly?

Thanks for the help.

Al

I believe the state (checked or not checked) of the view buttons is saved in each assembly file.. And it might be that your assembly template has that unchecked.. If so just open the template, check it, and save the template. Then all new assemblies going foward should have that checked.  

But now you know if you don't see them then that assembly work point visibility has just been turned off before and you just need to turn it back on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report