Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 black screen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Maxcn
667 Views, 4 Replies

Windows 8 black screen

I am using Windows 8 with Inventor 2012 and have an issue with the Inventor windows going black only when I do a save. I am simply reporting this as I know Windows 7 is the recommended OS, even for Inventor 2013. However, it would be nice to know if there was a fix.  Nvidia apparently has no partner drivers for Windows 8 and I tried their Beta which didn’t help. I am running Intel’s i7-2700K with NVidia Quadro FX 3800. Thanks!  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Maxcn

no inventor version is supported on windows 8

does this happen on windows 7?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
john.laidler

I don't believe Inventor 2012 is supported on Windows 8.  You can try to run in 'compatibility mode', that may resolve your issue.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 4 of 5
Maxcn
in reply to: john.laidler

To follow up I should explain that the black screen is a momentary occurrence; after I do a save all the windows flash to black and return to normal. It is just an annoyance. I have tried Windows 8 in compatibility mode, changed privilege levels and also changed the Inventor display quality settings to no avail.  I had no such troubles with Windows 7 but like 8 too much! Regards

Message 5 of 5
stephengibson76

same here, on AutoCAD also...  its something I am willing to live with for the win 8 overall computer speed improvement and amazing lightning quick remote desktop i use all the time

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report