Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 Problems

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Talayoe
5208 Views, 14 Replies

Windows 8.1 Problems

Hey all,

I dual boot for testing sake; Windows 8.1 (not preview version) and Windows 7 on the other. Having Inventor running on both works pretty good, except in Win 8.1 it NEVER retains my settings (file imported from the options menu). 

Every time I start up I get the startup popup, which I ALWAYS uncheck 'show at startup' (or whatever it says) and then proceed to the options to import my ApplicationsOptions.xml...again..and again and again.

It's getting frusterating and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mcgyvr
in reply to: Talayoe

Inventor version?

Have you installed all applicable service packs?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 15
Talayoe
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi,

PDSP 2014, inventor is SP1. 

tks

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 15
MingweiGao

Hi,

Did you have a try to uncheck the Show Welcome Screen on Startup option after you imported your xml, and then click the Apply button to see the welcome dialog still pops up or not?

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 5 of 15
Talayoe
in reply to: MingweiGao

Hello,

I think the focus is being lost on the problem at hand. I was just using the startup screen to make the point that the options are not being held after a restart of Inventor. 

When I import my AppOpts.xml, ALL my settings are reset to default (I was using the startup screen as a reference, but in reality it is icon colors, file locations, other defaults I have changed...). So unfortunatly the problem isnt limited to that screen or I wouldnt say anything. It is that my imported options are not sticking between restarts of the program.

Tks for the input thus far 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 6 of 15
mcgyvr

I believe thats indicative of improper user/registry permissions..

Are you an admin on your machine?

Can you login as an admin and do the settings stick then?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 15
blair

ADKS is releasing different DLL's for Win 8.1 which seem to address the problems with Win8.1

They should be released for general distribution shortly. If you seach this forum you will find a post from a ADSK employee relating to this issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/NOT-WORKING-WITH-WINDOWS-8-1/td-p/4405643

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 15
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

ADKS is releasing different DLL's for Win 8.1 which seem to address the problems with Win8.1

For 2012/2013 only it seems though.

Message 9 of 15
Talayoe

Hello All,

Ok, so I am an admin (network and local). I tried the 'Run as Admin' anyways...same result after loading AppOps and restarting. Was really hoping it would be that simple.

In the meantime I have emailed Autodesk about it. My Inventor is useable, but having to reload setting upon every startup is time lost (all be it a couple minutes, but still...) and then re-load the current project. 

At any rate, I would love more suggestions if anyone has, but otherwise I will continue on. 🙂

Tks all! 

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 10 of 15
blair

I'm sure the patches for 2014 will be along shortly as well.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 15
Talayoe
in reply to: blair

Hey all,

I spoke with Chris Mitchell from Autodesk and he pointed me to this link which solved my issue. 

Hope it helps someone else 🙂

Thanks for all the input!

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22446139&linkID=9242018

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 12 of 15
Mjb17

Should I download the 

If I have Inventor 2013?

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 15
blair
in reply to: Mjb17

SP's, Updates and Hotfixes are developed and release to address issues and problems with the software and changes/updates to the operating system. I really can't think of any good reasons why you wouldn't download and install them.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 15

hello my problem is... 

instalacion.jpg

and my question is,,, why?? i don´t know what can i do...
please someone can help me? is very important

Message 15 of 15
blair
in reply to: 1993

Make sure that you are logged in with Admin Privileges, ensure that you have .NET 3.5 installed on your system. Set the UAC slider to it lowest settings in the User Account section of Windows. You should then be able to install your products.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report