Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Windows 7 Update corrupting Vault/Inventor 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Orbitron
978 Views, 1 Reply

Windows 7 Update corrupting Vault/Inventor 2013

Computer: Dell Optiplex 790, Intel i5-2400 - 3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVidia Quadro 600 video card, Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Symptoms:

Vault: Files are not displayed if opened in Detail view.  Must go to the Incon view to display files.  Then, switching back to Detail view, file (Vault) status is not shown.  If click "Get/Check IN" on file, Vault will crash and shut down.  More recently, an HTTP 404: Not Found error appears when clicking on files - may disappear after a wait or clicking on the file repeatedly.

Inventor:  Cannot access any files through the Vault tab - Inventor crashes and shuts down.  If file opened from Vault instead, it will open and can be saved, checked In/Out.

All of this started a couple of weeks ago shortly after installing Windows Updates. It occurs only on my machine.  No other Vault/Inventor user is having any problems. Two IT techs spent a week trying to solve the problem.  The only solution was to unistall and reinstall everything including Windows 7.  It worked great for a week until another Windows update was installed - now back to the same problems.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this and how to resolve it?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Orbitron

my guess is .net 4.5 was installed during the windows update

you can uninstall it or you can install vault 2013 sp1: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report