Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Windows 7 work with versions of AutoCAD (2005) and Inventor (Series 9)?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1328 Views, 4 Replies

Will Windows 7 work with versions of AutoCAD (2005) and Inventor (Series 9)?

We have older versions of AutoCAD (2005) and Inventor (Series 9) loaded onto a computer with Windows XP. We use the old versions of AutoCAD and Inventor to open, view, print AutoCAD and Inventor drawings for in house use and save a file as a DXF for use by our vendors for CNC fabrication. We have not been purchasing the AutoCAD or Inventor upgrades as we do not use AutoCAD and Inventor for drawing purposes anymore.We are subcontracting the drawing and engineering to outside contractors. Our old computer has failed and we plan to purchase a new computer with Windows 7.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

it probably won't work since they were made years before this OS came out

you can try xp mode in windows 7 not guaranteed to work

not much you can do

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have been told that Windows 7 Professional is supposed to work with any XP program.  Too many people with expensive software got upset and not wanting to change to new software just because Windows does.

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been told that Windows 7 Professional is supposed to work with any XP program.  Too many people with expensive software got upset and not wanting to change to new software just because Windows does.

Nope.. Not true.. And certainly not true for programs like Inventor/Autocad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Good to know, thanks.  Will be upgrading to 2012 with W7 anyhow, so not an issue on that part.  All my software for websites and such I hope will work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report