Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will iPart or iAssembly do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
conbuc
1034 Views, 3 Replies

Will iPart or iAssembly do this?

A lot of layouts I work on utilize tube style augers (screw conveyors).

The general gist of the screw conveyor is once you lock down the inlet and outlet the rest falls into place and a spec sheet can be generated to send off to the vendor.

I would like to create a detailed screw conveyor assembly model (call it a master model) that can be copied, given a unique number and assembled into a layout. I then would like to constrain both ends (inlet/outlet) of the screw conveyor and have it shrink or grow to fit.

This would be the preferred method as opposed to typing in variables to generate the screw THEN place it in the assembly. I would rather have the assembly drive the variables of the screw.

Can someone give me ideas of how this can be accomplished? Would iPart or iAssembly work for this? Any tutorials or links would be great too!

I have attached an image showing the basic specs I need to order a screw conveyor.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: conbuc

I think I would use Multi-body solids with iLogic and then only push out to assembly if needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
AndrewSears
in reply to: conbuc

Hey Conrad,

Did JD's solution get you in the right direction?  The iLogic portion will give you the conditional variations you need for the part file and then the multi-solid body (MSB) workflow would give you the assembly followed by the spec sheet (drawing) creation.  

If you are using Vault, you could use copy design to speed up the process after the first spec sheet is completed.

Andy

Message 4 of 4
conbuc
in reply to: AndrewSears

Hello Andrew,

At first glance I was confused by JD's reply and really haven't had a chance lately to work with it. However between his reply and your reply I believe I should be able to figure it out. I hope to get back to that "side project" next week. I will be sure to post back what I find.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report