Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiki Help Updates

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
scottmoyse
621 Views, 8 Replies

Wiki Help Updates

I'm worried about the quality of the Wiki help content. I posted an update to the BOM details months ago. It got accepted but they accepted a section of the help I wrote where Autodesk should have contributed for clarification. Unfortunately they haven't. Check it out:

Capture.PNG

Check out the live document here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0460-Assembli460/0530-Bills_of53...

Can someone from Autodesk get onto this please & maybe add some references to how Vault Pro's Item master deals with these different BOM structure settings... Or link through to those references in the Vault Wiki help.

Cheers

Scott

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: scottmoyse

Next time you should include "Autodesk is a bunch of poo-poo heads" Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: mcgyvr

I agree............Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
patrick.miller
in reply to: scottmoyse

Scott,

I've updated the WikiHelp page with a bulleted list similar to the other sections. I've also forwarded this post to a Vault author to answer your Vault question.

For those interested, we have two levels of moderation in the WikiHelp. The first is to check for appropriateness before making the changes public (so if you call us poo-poo heads, we'll probably delete that part Smiley Wink). The next level is to check for technical correctness. In your case, the info was correct, we just had not gotten to additions yet.

Thanks for keeping us on-task and for contributing to the WikiHelp!

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 5 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: patrick.miller

patrick.miller wrote: The first is to check for appropriateness before making the changes public (so if you call us poo-poo heads, we'll probably delete that part Smiley Wink).

Well clearly the "first level" missed that. Smiley Embarassed

If your process is to check for "technical correctness" AFTER is online for the world to see that is a backwards "poo poo head" method.

Good thing Autodesk doesn't do a wiki for bomb disarming.. "oops did it say to cut the red wire"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 9
patrick.miller
in reply to: mcgyvr

mcgyvr,

Agreed. I can see that the way I worded my response implies an order which was not my intent. I should have said there are two groups who monitor the wiki. Moderators check if content is appropriate. Subject Matter Experts check if content is correct. I don't know why the content was published with the "Autodesk add info here" comment (maybe as a flag after info was gathered).

Now that our content is open to users, Autodesk needs to ensure that user-submitted edits are correct. No system is perfect but I believe we have a great track record so far. 

There are a lot of people that watch the wiki and the discussion forums, so please do keep contributing and letting us know what you think.

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 7 of 9
jletcher

I think you need to do a rollback to Inventor 2011 that way we users have our classic Interface back and roll back the  help to Release 6 so it works wiki help how can I say this um stinks...................

Message 8 of 9
jletcher

Oh one more thing make a better help for ilogic.......

Message 9 of 9
scottmoyse

I added "Autodesk add info here" fully expecting it to be edited out and replaced with the content needed.

Thanks for getting back to me Patrick. I may have to slip in a poo-poo head type statement at some point to test your systems. hehe.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report