Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiki help retiring – Making way for fresh new look

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
jeanie.wayker
2191 Views, 33 Replies

Wiki help retiring – Making way for fresh new look

Thank you for your patience as we transition from the Autodesk Wiki online Help pages to a new online Help environment. In this new environment you should enjoy improved performance and search options, along with a fresh new look.

Once the new learning environment is online, you will be redirected to it automatically when you access the Help from within your Autodesk product.

We are excited to bring this new learning environment to you and we look forward to your participation and comments. Stay tuned for our announcement when the new environment goes live.

Thanks and Regards,

The Mechanical Design Learning Experience team

Tags (3)
33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: mpatchus

Just for once, I'd like to see the "inconvenience" be at the expense of Autodesk instead of the users.  Get whatever new thing it is working flawlessly before you roll it out.  First raytracing, now this.  And I won't even go into all the garbage we have to put up with in Map3D.  Heck, open-source QGIS works better than that does.

Message 22 of 34
graemev
in reply to: dgorsman

I think that's functionality, not looks, but I'm not here to quibble.  Yes, a handy (ready useful) layout is nice to use and makes for a more efficient use of one's time.

Message 23 of 34
skyngu
in reply to: jeanie.wayker

hi,

where can i change useonline value?

The value '1' - This will always launch the online help by default
The value '0' - This will always launch the local help by default

thanks

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 24 of 34
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: skyngu

You make the change in the helpids.xml file which is located at  Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\ -

If you are using R2013, then browse to the 2013/Bin folder, (etc).

Please let me know of any other questions,

Thank you,

Jeanie

Message 25 of 34
skyngu

ok, thanks. i was misunderstanding your previous post. I expect to change setting in registry.
Message 26 of 34
marshallw
in reply to: skyngu

A note of caution: if you are running Inventor 2014, SP1 will NOT install if the "helpids.xml" has been modified for offline use. Don't know what other programs & their service packs may be affected.

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Autodesk Inventor Certified Instructor
Message 27 of 34
marshallw
in reply to: marshallw

SP1 article is here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22344865&linkID=9242018&CMP=OTC-RSS... 

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Autodesk Inventor Certified Instructor
Message 28 of 34
skyngu
in reply to: marshallw

thanks again

Message 29 of 34
rkahl

whats the latest on this new site?

lack of a help file really hinders learning, for inexperienced users

yes i know there is an offline option, but it require it support that takes time to schedule and get done

as not everyone can install things on thier machine

Message 30 of 34
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: rkahl

Hmm.  It was working yesterday.  I used it without really thinking about it and it didn't really hit me until I saw your message.  So maybe it's hit or miss.  Or maybe it was just a fluke that it was actually working?

Message 31 of 34
rkahl
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

very hit and miss

works once a month if im lucky

usually for 5 minutes at a time

Message 32 of 34
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: rkahl

Well, to give credit where credit's due, the new help wiki seems to be working and it seems to be much faster.  Only thing is, even though I'm using 2013, the help I get is for 2014.  Maybe it's a clean break.  Maybe they did 2014 first and will add 2013.

Message 33 of 34
mslosar
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Mine took a bit to load,but once it was up seemed much quicker. I have your same issue though, i'm on 2013 and it only gave 2014.

As long as it's faster - i'll deal 🙂

Of course, on the AutoCAD side I can't get anything to load but a blank screen (IT asked me about AutoCAD as people have been having issues today).

Message 34 of 34
H_Mack

Hello Jeanie

I downloaded and installed the 2013 help files to the default 'c:\ programs..." location...

I change the helpids.xml file to "UseOnline=0"...

However, when I try to access local help from within Inventor 2013 SP2 Update 3 I get the message below:

Internet access is required to access the Help

The Help for this Autodesk product is now online and is being continuously updated. To access the online help you must be connected to the internet.

To access the Help for this Autodesk product when you are Offline, access the internet and download from here: http://autodesk.com/inventor-2013-help-download

What else can I try so as to get access to the local help...

Any suggestions is greatly appreaciated...

Thanks

Howard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report