Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the hell can't I fold out this part?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AmarD90
466 Views, 6 Replies

Why the hell can't I fold out this part?

I folded it out once before and the file got lost in translation. Now I have to do it again and I can't do it to save my life. I've been trying and trying and I just don't understand. If anyone has the time to take a look I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks so much!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: AmarD90

Where did this number come from?

Fillet.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
AmarD90
in reply to: JDMather

No, idea where that number came from. It has a thickness of 2 mm so all the fillets should be either 2 or 1 mm. Were you able to fold it out? 

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

@AmarD90 wrote:

.... It has a thickness of 2 mm so all the fillets should be either 2 or 1 mm.

Your information does not match the file you attached.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
AmarD90

Ok, what information do you need to be able to fold this out? 

In the attachement you have the very original file. I removed the floor. And after that all goes to hell. You got any ideas on how to fold it out? Cause I'm in so much trouble right now. I really need a way to fold that thing out. 

If you can fold it out I would really appreciate it. Send you a bunch of hugs and kisses over the internet. If you can't I'll have to find some other way of doing it. 

Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
JDMather

You stated Thickness 2mm R2 and R1, but your file was Thickness 2mm R(4) and R2.

If set to correct R4 rather than 3.9999 it unfolds just fine.

You can set to tighter fold radius (R1 and R3), but sheet metal is usually inside R = Thickness and outside R = 2*Thickness.

I recommend that you change this Application Option to make errors easier to spot.

Extended Information.PNG

The fact that you stated R1 and R2 when the file you attached is clearly not R1 is troubling.  And 2-1 is not equal to 2. (thickness)

Message 7 of 7
AmarD90

Dude! Thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't see that.

I really appreciate the help. I've had such a $hit day. My Catia crashed when we need it the most, this crap wasn't unfolding, everyone is breathing down my neck. So thank you so much for the help. And I'm really sorry about the other part the other day. I should've been more clear. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report