Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why No Fusion Ribbon Panel?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Bill.Schmid
868 Views, 9 Replies

Why No Fusion Ribbon Panel?

I was trying to show another user the Edit in Fusion feature in Inventor 2012 but she doesn't have that ribbon panel.  We went into the Part tab in Application Options and Inventor Fusion was selected to Edit Base Solids.  We even unselected it, applied it, closed the options and then selected it again.  But still there is no Fusion panel under the Model tab when editing a part.  Yes, it's installed on her machine.  We checked.

The only difference is that she's also installed the 2013 suite, as well.  I have the Fusion panel and have not installed any 2013 apps.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Try right clicking somewhere in the browser.

Do you get an option to edit in Fusion?

Edit Form.png

Fusion Addin Launcher.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: JDMather

No.  She cannot access the Fusion feature in any way, shape, or form (no pun intended).

I was thinking it was because it was a solid created from an imported surface, but I had an empty part open on my machine and at least the panel was there, it was just greyed out.

I had her try right-clicking in the empty area of the ribbon to make sure the panel wasn't just turned off, but the option just isn't there.

It's not available / doesn't show up in the Add-In Manager, either ( I missed that part of your post, initially).

Message 4 of 10
JDMather

Show a screen shot of your Add-in Manager.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Bill.Schmid

It looks just like what you posted except Fusion Freeform Edit Launcher is missing.

Message 6 of 10
mflayler2

Does she have Fusion 2012 or 2013 installed?  If you only have 2013 in there then it will not show up in 2012.  Fusion integration is version specific.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 7 of 10
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: mflayler2

She has Fusion 2012.  We checked that.

We did not check specifically to see if Fusion 2013 was installed, but she did do a full install on Product Design Suite Premium 2013, so it should be.

Message 8 of 10
CAD-One

My colleague has this very same issue. Can't access fusion thru inventor
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 9 of 10
patrick.miller
in reply to: CAD-One

As mentioned above, make sure that you have the same version of Fusion and Inventor (2013 for both). I have PrDS Ultimate 2013 installed and it works for me. If possible, try an uninstall then reinstall of Fusion. The add-ins install with Fusion if it detects that Inventor is installed.

You might also try the Inventor Fusion discussion groups too. 

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 10 of 10

I think we're going to let it go.  It was a one-time occurence where she could have either edited a simple imported part in Fusion or re-modeled it.  It was faster to remodel, in this case, than to try to re-install software.  Besides, we should be switching to 2013 soon.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report