Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why INV lost the reference?????

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
143 Views, 1 Reply

Why INV lost the reference?????

OK, i'm ungry and I have to talk...

I make a complexe parts with a lot of CNC machining. We have some different setup for the machining and I have make a part for each of this setup. I use the derived parts. This is how I have proceed:
Part 1.ipt: Lathe roughing
Part 2.ipt (derived of part 1): first CNC milling operation
Part3.ipt (derived of part2): second CNC setup. etc. etc....
I go like this as far as part6.ipt!
Now, the problem: in my part 2, I have make a MINOR change. When I have updated the part3, ALL my feature lost his reference geometry ( ! in a yellow circle). The most incomprehensive thing are that the modification have no "link" with this feature. No face or edge are disapeare, I have just enlarge a "pocket" of 1/8" !!! Now, I have to redefine, and check ALL the sketch on my part3, 4, 5, and 6
I will probable work on this all the day. Don't know I will explain that to my Boss.. I think I will say: call my Inventor VAR for more info 😉
I don't know if it's me who don't make the right thing, or if it's an INV bug, but I have this kind of trouble very often since I use INV6. I thing I know very well this software (I use it since R4...) but now i'm pretty confused and tired of this kind of bug...
Badfully I can't post my part on the CF because it's confidential and we work to patent this product.. But, if you have an idea or anything else I can do, i'm welling to try anything....
Closterman
DellPWS340 1.8GHz
512 Mg RAM
Quadro 4 700 XGL
Win 2000 SP2
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Without seeing your models, it would appear that
the modified pocket is somehow linked to subsequent features.  Could
you perhaps change the pocket back to its original state and add another feature
to enlarge the pocket.

Hindsight is always 20/20. With the number of
dependencies you have, (6) files, it would be prudent to make "test"
changes along the way to make sure nothing blows up.

-Russ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report