Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY? I am getting this error message

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
WillieArolf
305 Views, 5 Replies

WHY? I am getting this error message

Hi guys/gals,

I went for a vacation for 2 weeks, and when came back and launch Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012 64bit using the default PROJECT because, I need to update the company logo. I was prompt with this error message.

Title Logo.jpg

The bmp logo is on this location C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Templates

What seems to be the problem here!

I am the only one using the computer and it is password protected.

Here is the Project dialog box

Default Project.jpg

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: WillieArolf

Any files stored outside of the Project scope of search will produce this warning. Templates are the start of your part and are stored outside of the Project. When you save the template with a "work" name it's now stored and located within your Project work directory. Possibly your BMP file is a link and not placed within (stored within the template file).

You don't need to change Projects to update your Templates, simply open the template, make your changes and use the Save-As Template option in the Inventor File Menu. It will write the updated file back into your Template Directory as listed in the Inventor>Application Options>Files tab

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
WillieArolf
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair,

Thank you for the info.

Basically, what I did is Open Inventor and select Projects then double click on the "Default" as the BMP was save on C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Templates in which a default location for Templates, etc. I then click Open and select the Standard.idw that I want to change the logo.

On the Model browser tree I expand the "Drawing Resources" and expand the "Title Blocks" then select and RMC the "ISO" and select "EDIT"option.

Right after clicking the "EDIT" option the error message pops-up. Which previously, not happening.

My BMP and IDW is in the default project location.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 4 of 6
WillieArolf

Now, I am getting a crash... OMG Welcome 2015....

Crash.jpg

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 5 of 6
blair

Crashing on other templates as well?

We store all graphics in it's own folder with the graphics folder used as a Library path in all our projects. This includes our logo graphics and any decal graphics.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
WillieArolf
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair,

It was only in that particular .idw. So, what I did was create a new standard.idw and replaced the damagae one. I believe the file is already corrupted.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report