Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't I get the correct quantity in my BOM list?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AmarD90
361 Views, 3 Replies

Why don't I get the correct quantity in my BOM list?

If I assemble something and take up the BOM list it will look like this:

Part Number        Structure         QTY

Foundation 3200    Normal           1

Roof Side                Normal           1

Wall 2100               Normal           1

Foundation 3200    Normal           1

Wall 2100               Normal           1

I have 18 pieces of Wall 2100 and it will show up on the list 18 times. Same thing when I export it to Excel. I just want it to say QTY =18. Not for it to show up 18 times. Same thing with the foundation and all the other things I have. 

Anyone know how to fix that?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
salariua
in reply to: AmarD90

You are trying to cheat. You have only one part and expect Inventor to indicate 18.

Either do a pattern with 0 length 0 width 18 components or edit the drawing parts list with static value and export that.

20.jpg

Edit: 

This is just to show you that is possible but I would never use static values on parts list. You will pull your hair out trying to  see why your parts' list won't update. I have worked on drawings created by others with static values and it tooke me some time to realise why my changes won't show up.

Since you are exporting everything to excel I would edit the cell there to indicate whatever quantity you want.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
AmarD90
in reply to: salariua

Ok, I think I'll have to redo the assembly cause right now it's full of mirrors and what not and that's what might be causing the issue. 

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 4
Mario428
in reply to: AmarD90

There is something different in each instance of "Wall 2100" that you are using. Are all of the instances actual instances of the same file?

A small change in filename or anything else will make them appear as separate entries in a BOM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report