Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does ctrl not work?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
DMRichardson
1276 Views, 7 Replies

Why does ctrl not work?

Hello,

I've not been able to use Ctrl in 2013 (not a problem with any other version).  i've looked at the key mapping, but it's all ok. i've tried that button that fixes the single key shortcuts, that's fine, but no help for my Ctrl.  Any views? maybe it's a windows issue?

Thanks.

David Richardson

Regards
David Richardson
Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: DMRichardson

hi,

assuming it works with other apps,

does it work in combination with any other command inside inventor eg during copy or paste or is it just when over-riding automatic contraints etc?

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 8
DMRichardson
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Hello Mark,

it seams to be any comand with the ctrl and another key,

eg ctrl z

ctrl n

ctrl c

also slice graphics F7 doesn't work, so i guess i could find more not working in the future. Like i say though, i tried resetting keyboard mapping to no avail.  All the letter shortcuts work (S for scetch)

i've been able to workaround all the problems so far...

Thanks

David

Regards
David Richardson
Message 4 of 8
Mark_Wigan

i haven't heard of this but i haven't looked for it either.

without looking into this i wonder if it could be something like an input device setting that has been configured to recognise a gaming environment, and as such uses defaults other than what you require?

if you are running a high tech mouse or keyboard maybe try going through some settings to see if it has some keu board overides that can be changed?

i recall that in days past for example, you could tell the logitech mouse to sense when it was in a game environment and whether to keep its operating system settings or whether to switch to alternative settings that were able to be defined by the user. if you did not click the option, then the mouse cursor would move extremely slow when inside inventor!

sorry for the guess, i know it is a long shot.

best regards,
- Mark

Message 5 of 8
DMRichardson

I don't know how it has happened. but it's working again.

As you said, look at keyboard settings i went for a poke around the devices manager.  I have a standard mouse and a very old dell keyboard. no fancy softwear with bells whistles and tickboxes.  all i have done is open up the device driver box and closed it again but it seems to have done the trick! i have no idea why as there was nothing for me to change anyway! oh well.

The gods are on my side today i guess.

Thanks

David

Regards
David Richardson
Message 6 of 8
Mark_Wigan

!

you are definately on a roll

best regards,
- Mark

Message 7 of 8
cbrownAMS

Ever since installing Smoke 2013 I've had the ctrl key stop working on occasion. It seems to happen when leaving the screen of the software to check email or do something on a browser. When I come back to Smoke the crtl does not work. Haven't found the work around yet. I'm using a Smoke keyboard that came with our Mac purchase.

Message 8 of 8
LT.Rusty
in reply to: cbrownAMS

CTRL works for me in all of my combinations - CTRL-Z, etc. - but it does not work when I'm laying out sketch geometry and I want to keep from forming automatic constraints.  That's incredibly annoying.  It seems to only be an issue in 2013.  2014 at home seems to be working fine, and 2009-2012 seemed to all be fine as well, back when I still used those.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report