Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does anyone use this software?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
novaracer1
606 Views, 7 Replies

Why does anyone use this software?

Hello. I design large fuel/oil/water etc, holding tanks. I ran across this thread looking for a solution for the same exact issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/HOW-TO-CREATE-A-FLAT-PATTERN-FOR-A-FLANGED-DISK/m-p/4...

You know, I have been trying to figure this out for a few months now, and was unsuccessful. I was looking around on here for a possible solution, turns out, there isn't one. The company I currently work for uses Inventor 2014. So sitting at home tonight, after finding this thread, I decided to try it on my 2010 Solidworks BASIC, and low and behold, it worked. It was simple. I extruded a disc, converted it to sheet metal, then created the flange, using the edge flange tool, to the desired hight with one click.... clicked; create flat pattern, voilà. THREE STEPS, not 42. What's the deal with Inventor or Autodesk in general? Why does everything I want to do, have to be so involved. I went to school for mechanical design and our main software curriculum was Inventor, with only one semester of Solidworks. Why anyone prefers Inventor to SW is beyond me! Not impressed at all. This is just one example of many, many more. Don't even get me started on BOM'S. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: novaracer1

Hi!!

Maybe it's missing you something, i can also design this model in 2 or 3 steps in inventor.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
JDMather

Zip and attach your *.sldprt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 8
novaracer1
in reply to: CCarreiras

@carloscarreiras8703 wrote:

Hi!!

Maybe it's missing you something, i can also design this model in 2 or 3 steps in inventor.

Were you able to make a flat pattern out of it? If so, please enlighten me!

Message 5 of 8
novaracer1
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the same exact part that cjacuinde, attached to the thread I linked to in my OP. Same part, same manufacturing process as he described.

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

All I saw was image file?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

@novaracer1

Do you think that I am poorly informed? Inexperienced?

Message 8 of 8
JDMather

@novaracer1

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/how-to-flange-a-circular-edge/td-p/5984917

I have been waiting for your file for some time now.

Did you find the *.sldprt file yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report