Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why autodesk why

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
184 Views, 9 Replies

why autodesk why

Why does mirroring an assembly you lose all descriptions and custom properties why why why. need option box so you can or not. and why does it take one assembly and turn it into 3 different ones? Or I should say sub assembly used 3 times in assembly mirror main assembly now I have 3 new sub assembly but all the same. This is a joke right autodesk why would you want this?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wait till you have a project totally detailed. Can you say, RE-DETAIL? Sure knew ya could. -- "jiml" wrote in message news:19280633.1077546346378.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Why does mirroring an assembly you lose all descriptions and custom properties why why why. need option box so you can or not. and why does it take one assembly and turn it into 3 different ones? Or I should say sub assembly used 3 times in assembly mirror main assembly now I have 3 new sub assembly but all the same. This is a joke right autodesk why would you want this?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Whadda ya say folks … shall we all kick in a few bucks each and get jiml a copy of some other SoftWare, something that will solve most of these frustrating problems?? Not that I’m convinced that he hasn’t already got a copy but we all could help him avoid any more of the misery that he’s suffering now. Jeez, not only will I kick in a few bucks but will part with my very own well worn copy of Strunk and White. It could be accomplishing so, so much more in someone else’s hands. Doug jiml wrote: > Why does mirroring an assembly you lose all descriptions and custom properties why why why. need option box so you can or not. and why does it take one assembly and turn it into 3 different ones? Or I should say sub assembly used 3 times in assembly mirror main assembly now I have 3 new sub assembly but all the same. This is a joke right autodesk why would you want this?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Better yet, how about we all join in and complaine to Autodesk about such an obvious problem, and help JML get this resolved so NONE of us have to deal with it in the future. Seams like a better solution than bashing someone who is trying to help improve the program. Just my 2 cents worth. "Doug Cooper" wrote in message news:403a3dfc_3@newsprd01... > Whadda ya say folks . shall we all kick in a few bucks each and get jiml > a copy of some other SoftWare, something that will solve most of these > frustrating problems?? Not that I'm convinced that he hasn't already > got a copy but we all could help him avoid any more of the misery that > he's suffering now. Jeez, not only will I kick in a few bucks but will > part with my very own well worn copy of Strunk and White. It could be > accomplishing so, so much more in someone else's hands. > > Doug > > > jiml wrote: > > Why does mirroring an assembly you lose all descriptions and custom properties why why why. need option box so you can or not. and why does it take one assembly and turn it into 3 different ones? Or I should say sub assembly used 3 times in assembly mirror main assembly now I have 3 new sub assembly but all the same. This is a joke right autodesk why would you want this? >
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

And a big Amen to that. Stop releasing half-baked (edited) and relying on us
users to find and live the deficiencies for multiple, multiple subsequent
releases. Stop the madness.
Message was edited by: AnneBrown
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Maybe you aren't aware of it but jiml doesn't require, need or desire our help as he has repeatedly stated ... umm ... over and over again? ~Larry "Thom Rock" wrote in message news:403a49c7_3@newsprd01... > Better yet, how about we all join in and complaine to Autodesk about such an > obvious problem, and help JML get this resolved so NONE of us have to deal > with it in the future. Seams like a better solution than bashing someone > who is trying to help improve the program. > > Just my 2 cents worth. > > > "Doug Cooper" wrote in message > news:403a3dfc_3@newsprd01... > > Whadda ya say folks . shall we all kick in a few bucks each and get jiml > > a copy of some other SoftWare, something that will solve most of these > > frustrating problems?? Not that I'm convinced that he hasn't already > > got a copy but we all could help him avoid any more of the misery that > > he's suffering now. Jeez, not only will I kick in a few bucks but will > > part with my very own well worn copy of Strunk and White. It could be > > accomplishing so, so much more in someone else's hands. > > > > Doug > > > > > > jiml wrote: > > > Why does mirroring an assembly you lose all descriptions and custom > properties why why why. need option box so you can or not. and why does it > take one assembly and turn it into 3 different ones? Or I should say sub > assembly used 3 times in assembly mirror main assembly now I have 3 new sub > assembly but all the same. This is a joke right autodesk why would you want > this? > > > >
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I don't I just need autodesk to fix the program. But you all can act like children if you like. But if you express your concerns about the program maybe they will fix it.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

We do, when it's the program that has the problem, which, in this instance may be the case. Don't think there was a clear direction to go with mirrored assemblies as was discussed in several threads before the feature came out. The developers were asking how it should work but don't think there was any clear consensus that addressed the ambiguities. You probably remember those threads, no? ~Larry "jiml" wrote in message news:33267963.1077572866163.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I don't I just need autodesk to fix the program. But you all can act like children if you like. But if you express your concerns about the program maybe they will fix it.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Larry......acting like a child?.........parish the thought
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Na na nu na na! ~Larry "Albert Allen" wrote in message news:403a972a$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Larry......acting like a child?.........parish the thought > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report