Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Autodesk Inventor Pro 2015 won't launch?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
beinnovative
405 Views, 3 Replies

Why Autodesk Inventor Pro 2015 won't launch?

Hi.

I have trouble launching Inventor Pro version. I installed it about one or two weeks ago and I didn't launch once I had finised installation (Actually I didn't even wait until the installation is complete. The loading became ultimately slow like thousands of days left after some hours of installation. So, I canceled the installation but it shows that Autodesk Inventor 2015 had already been installed (Installation was canceled. some product were not installed, but I saw there was a green tick for Autodesk Inventor 2015 ) and a shortcut appeared in dekstop. I went to autodesk.com again to download the setup for Autodesk Inventor Pro 2015 to see whether I had installed completely. Before that installation started, I wasn't allowed to check the box for Autodesk Inventor 2015 and it just say something like :"if you need language pack...."  ). Today when I try to launch it, beside the mouse seemed to load for a while and I saw in Task Manager showed Autodesk Inventor 2015 for a while then it disappeared. Besides these observation, nothing showed up, not even a splash screen. Sometimes when I launch it, the Task Manager shows that Disk-100%.

I used the solutions shown in http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2014/04/inventor-2015-startup-crashes.html , but same situation happens whenever I try to launch.

(I also have DWG True View which was installed about two weeks ago, but I do not have any issue launching it today.)

Could anybody solve this problem?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
athomas160
in reply to: beinnovative

At least you got it to that stage! I can't even extract it after using the browser download method! Try to uninstall and re install it! Its the only option.
Message 3 of 4
beinnovative
in reply to: athomas160

Hi.

Thanks for reply. I think my main problem is incomplete installation.

Just now I installed service pack 2015 and it still doesn't work.

Now, I wish to know how to uninstall it. When I press uninstall/change button in contral panel, it shows:" An error occured while trying to uninstall Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015-English. It may have laready been uninstalled. Would you like to  remove Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015-English from the Programs and Features list?"

I am confused. I didn't even uninstall it before. The proof is in my last message:"... I went to autodesk.com again to download the setup for Autodesk Inventor Pro 2015 to see whether I had installed completely. Before that installation started, I wasn't allowed to check the box for Autodesk Inventor 2015 and it just say something like :"if you need language pack...." ".

So, do you think I should remove it from the Programs and Features list and see what will happen?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
beinnovative
in reply to: beinnovative

Hi.

I used Autodesk Uninstall tool and tried installation again for a few times. Finally, the installation was successful.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report