Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I bill for Time Lost due to Crashes?

44 REPLIES 44
Message 1 of 45
GSE_Dan_A
1526 Views, 44 Replies

Who do I bill for Time Lost due to Crashes?

C:\dos\run\rant

What is the address of the person to bill for time lost due to Inventor crashing?  This is getting ridiculous! Every week its crashing when performing the most simplest of tasks! I was warned of upgrading to 2014 but decided to bite the bullet and take a chance.  Well that bullet has pierced me wayyyy too many times as of late! I have used 2011 and 2012 with great success! Sure I had the odd crash here or there, but 2014 is like driving in the Daytona 500 where every driver is blind and drunk! Today I did about 25 minutes of work and went to go edit some text... blue loading circle of death appeared and then boom! CER form appeared.  I feel real bad about my boss... he spends all this money on a product that for the most part takes us 3 steps forward and then 1 step back.  I guess I should set my save reminder to every minuteSmiley Sad

C:\dos\end\rant

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
44 REPLIES 44
Message 41 of 45

In an effort to resolve the issue, I have found, over many years and versions of Inventor and Vault, that the 2 biggest problems related to computer crashes and Inventor/Vault are A) video card drivers and B) user profiles, assuming the hardware is capable f running the softwares.

If you can rule out A then try logging into the machine with a different username. Then run Inventor and/or Vault. This will create a new set of default profile values for these programs in this new user profile. Log into inventor/Vault as your regular credentials and test it.

Let us know the results.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 42 of 45
not2013
in reply to: inventorsucks

Would you be so kind as to provide the total amount of time and cost of all of your training which you needed to be able to use the product?

THX

Message 43 of 45
not2013
in reply to: stevec781

False advertizing: What kind of people make false claims?  Mentally disturbed ones.

To tell lies like a child is not sane behavior for adults.

Message 44 of 45
not2013
in reply to: MikahB

"Autodesk does not sell Inventor to make the world a better place, they sell it to make money.  Adding features - many of which apply only to certain groups of use-cases - is part of expanding the user base.  Releasing major updates every year is a tough schedule to keep and while it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them get away from that, it would very likely hurt their sales figures."

Really?  You think?  

There products proof that it is not out to make the world a better place, but that is what all sane people do?  Only the insane are not caring about the world, since most have children that will have to live in that world some day.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 45 of 45
not2013
in reply to: MikahB

"Anyway, per my other post, I don't see what value you think there is in complaining.  "We are trying to save others from making the same mistake we did."  Oh, really?  Strange then that there are no suggestions about the package they SHOULD choose to have a crash/freeze-free 3D modeling experience.  Turns out there are not that many packages out there with all this functionality.  Even fewer when you consider price range and payback.  So, you have to admit to yourselves you're venting and nothing else."

SOLIDWORKS!  I have Solidworks 2010 on my laptop, and I can't remember the last time it locked up.  But i'm not stupid enough to use the same laptop to connect to the internet.  I use a different computer for that.  Since nothing ever changes on my laptop, (NO UPDATED software or OS) the software runs as good as it did when it was installed 2 years ago.

Solidworks is 1/2 the prince of inventor. It WORKS and it is easy to learn.  Using inventor since Mar 2008.  Even though I used inventor way longer than Solidworks, I'm able to learn things faster in Solidworks.  Normally when I used a software it is the easiest for me to use, but inventor is not that way. 

By the way telling the truth is not always complaining.  It is just being fair and decent.  Lets say that I am delibreately complaining.  That is how things get better.  You complain and then people see that there is a problem and fix it.   Of course offering suggestions is the proper method, but that only works with people whom are honest and whom listen.  Obviously autodesk is not that kind of organization.  SO COMPLAINING IS THE BEST METHOD.

You see!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report