Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Values are there any better than R 244 G 244 B 244.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
freegoodkharma
895 Views, 3 Replies

White Values are there any better than R 244 G 244 B 244.

Is there a whiter white than the plane old white.  I have RGB Values of R 244 G 244 B 244 for white, are there any better values for a more brilliant white?  Is it possible to take a photo of a color and cut copy and paste it into Inventor to copy the color values into Inventor?

Yours Truly

C.A.T.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: freegoodkharma

What version of Inventor?  With Inventor 2013 there was a major shift in the way appearances are handled.  I don't have 2013 and don't know anything about how it works, so if that is the version you have I can't help you.  But, if your version is older than that, I might be able to help.

Message 3 of 4
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: cwhetten

C.A.T

245, 245, 245 are the correct RGB values. With white you will get very different results depending on the lighting style that you are using to view the part. You will see differences in shaded compared to Realistic modes, but more impact will be seen from playing with your lighting settings.

As a quick example try viewing your part with the Empty Lab or Plain Room image based lighting settings. you can change the settings for the default to use the lighting from one of these IBL environments but not show the scene image if you don't need that.

You can also add/remove lights & adjust brightness ambience, shadows, etc to get exactly what you want.

Once you have lighting that good for "your white" preferences you can save the lighting style so that it can then be used for other parts, (through templates or style library).

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4

What's the point of setting up custom lighting styles if they will not carry over into your drawing file. The only way I have been able to get a true white to show in my .idw is to use self-illumination, the only problem is that it drowns out the texture map that I am using.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report