Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

white pixels in Ray Tracing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dodrain
676 Views, 2 Replies

white pixels in Ray Tracing

In Ray Tracing mode I keep having white pixels, can this be solved?

Settings of Ray Tracing is "Good"

In "Best" it is really slow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: dodrain

is it me, or are the white splotches only on the glass areas?

if so, have you tried changing the glass to something else (possibly non transparent) and are there still these blobs?  if not then shows it's down to the glass material - try varying the shinyness and/or opacity...

Also... how are the glass panels located in the assembly?  There has always been rendering errors with glass if it is touching (or intersecting) another object - make sure the glass is inside the border and not mated with a zero offset with anything (something tiny like 0.01mm will do).

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: sam_m

So it's not just snowing in the trolley Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report