Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is shrinkwrap command in 2010

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1310 Views, 5 Replies

Where is shrinkwrap command in 2010

I have turned off the ribbon UI and I cannot seem to find shrinkwrap now. Can anyone tell me another way to access this command?

Inventor 2010
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Assembly panel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

The command is available in Assembly panel. Another way to access it is through right-click context menu in LOD. In an assembly file, go to browser->expand Representation node->right-click on Level of Detail->New Substitute->Shrinkwrap.
Thanks!

johnson.shiue@autodesk.com

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I am unable to get Inventor to 'load' Shrinkwrap at all. I am using 2010 and have installed the add-in by following the PDF directions. However, when I go to Tools>Customize>and then toolbars I am unable to see Shrinkwrap as an option and thus cannot load the toolbar. Does Shrinkwrap need to be installed in a specfiic directory to get Inventor to 'see' it??

Thanks
Message 5 of 6
mflayler2

If you are using the Shrinkwrap utility from Autodesk Labs, it is no longer needed. The funtionality is built in 2010.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 6
shekarsub[Autodesk]

The shrinkwrap utility on labs is old. Please use it only for R2009.

- The one on labs.autodesk.com dosen't work for 64-bit.
- During installation it asks for a directory to install the dlls in. If you don't enter it's filling the following for me: C:\Program Files\AutoDesk Shrinkwrap. The dlls can be anywhere as long as it is registered. Installing the download should register the dll for you automatically.
- It probably won't work on 2010 since it only works for 2009.

The shrinkwrap functionality in Inventor 2010 is new and improved (and different) and the one we recommend users to use.

Best regards
shekar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report