Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find additional Parker Hose fittings for Inventor?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
hheng1111
2733 Views, 15 Replies

Where can I find additional Parker Hose fittings for Inventor?

I am needing additional hose fittings that aren't included in the few that come with inventor. Is it possible to add more to the content center from Parker? If so, where can I find them? Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
hheng1111
in reply to: hheng1111

Anyone have an idea on this?

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 3 of 16
blair

Try something such as PartSpec. You may have to Google it as I am at AU and a long way from my office. Or even TraceParts.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 16
jletcher

You can go to parker for them they use Inventor to make them..

Message 5 of 16
jtylerbc
in reply to: jletcher

@Anonymous wrote:

You can go to parker for them they use Inventor to make them..

This is usually true.  Most of the time you will have a few options of format to download the model in, and ipt is typically one of them.

Sometimes you'll run into a particular part that doesn't list ipt as an option.  I think this happens because there are a few Parker divisions that use ProE instead of Inventor.  If you come across these, you can just get the STP version and import it.

Message 6 of 16
hheng1111
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks guys. It's not so much the format that's the problem, it's just finding the models period. Parker has 3D cad models now but not for the fittings I need. I can find general drawings, but they're not detailed enough to really model them up. I was just hoping to find somewhere that had all these fittings modeled up and ready for download.

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 7 of 16
BarryZA

I have an Idea that when I installed Inv the Parker library was not installed by default. I had to go back and install it

parker.jpg

Message 8 of 16
jletcher

If you email them they will make them for you. I have done this many times.

I needed this one and they made the whole series of them and emailed them to me. I only needed one size but they sent all.

Message 9 of 16
rleehue
in reply to: jletcher

Hello, I know this is a little late but you can create fitting at the following Parker site:). http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/tfd/FittingFinder/parker/fitting-identification/select-shape#

Message 10 of 16
hheng1111
in reply to: rleehue

While that is a pretty cool tool, I was actually looking for hose fittings that attach to the hose ends to make a hose assembly. Unless I missed them in your link, these seem to be stand-alone fittings.
Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 11 of 16
The_Angry_Elf

Are you still looking for these models?

Have you tried sites like cbliss.com? Grabcad?

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 12 of 16
hheng1111
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

I hadn't tried grabcad but did try other sites and couldn't find the fittings. I don't currently need the models, but I will for sure need them again in the future.
Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 13 of 16
brimal

We also use a lot of Parker fittings and have been searching for a while to get both hose and tube fittings.  Parker does a good job of making individual fitting part files available (although double check them as some are NOT correct) but I'm interested in getting iParts to use for publishing to our Content Center.  I tried getting these from Parker but they apparently don't have any that they are willing to share with the public.

Message 14 of 16
Leon.VASSE
in reply to: brimal

Hi!

Old post, new solution?

Our Hydraulic Dept is also eager to create its Content Center libraries for Parker EO fittings: we can only download ipt, but models have no parameters, sketches are not even constrained. Changing such models to iParts that can be published to Content Center is possible but tedious and time-consuming.

1) since 2015, maybe Parker share some iParts?

2) do Parker fittings follow any DIN or ISO standard which is in fact already referenced in the Autodesk libraries?

Best regards,

Leon

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 16
jtylerbc
in reply to: Leon.VASSE

@Leon.VASSE wrote:

1) since 2015, maybe Parker share some iParts?

Probably not.  Technically some of the native Inventor parts they post on their website are iPart children, but the link is broken and they don't post the factory.

@Leon.VASSE wrote:

2) do Parker fittings follow any DIN or ISO standard which is in fact already referenced in the Autodesk libraries?

Some might, I don't know.  Most of the Parker fittings I use are not DIN or ISO fitting types to begin with, so it wouldn't have come up for me.

At my company, we did almost the opposite of what you are trying to do.  We simply made a library folder (not a Content Center library) on a shared network drive, and downloaded the individual part files from Parker.  Where applicable, we actually placed parts out of Content Center into this library folder.  

So in the end, we don't actually use CC to place any of our Parker hydraulic fittings.  To be fair, we started with this method before we really knew anything about customizing Content Center.  But it also made the issue you are asking about (access to iParts) irrelevant.  If we can get a model of the fitting, it can be put in the library folder.  Doesn't matter much how that model was built.

Also, it means that we don't have excess copies of fitting models wasting space on our server, which would have happened over time with Content Center.  For example, every time we have ever use a 10643-6-6 hose crimp fitting in a model, they are all referencing the same part file.  

Message 16 of 16
karthur1
in reply to: jtylerbc

Old post I know... but its still relevant. If you need a model for the fittings, go to this Parker site.  There you can navigate to the fitting and configure it the way it needs to be.  Many of them have 3D file that you can download and import into your models.  If you already know the part number, you can search for it here too.

Very easy to use if you have a one-off fitting that you need to find and place in your model.

karthur1_0-1677161650786.png

Many of the fittings have drawings available.

karthur1_1-1677161804151.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report