Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When specific Symbol is Inserted to dwg needs to trigger an iLogic Rule

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dfitting
198 Views, 3 Replies

When specific Symbol is Inserted to dwg needs to trigger an iLogic Rule

I have a symbol that when I insert it into my dwg, I would like it to trigger a rule to create custom properties and fill out those properties. Ive already created a rule that is 100% working, I am just curious if its possible to have that rule triggered when I insert a specific symbol?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yannicknielsen
in reply to: dfitting

There may be a better way - My only suggestion would be to add the event trigger "Before save document" - That way it'll be filled out when you save it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 3 of 4
dfitting
in reply to: yannicknielsen

I thought of that, the only problem is that it isnt always in the drawings. I would say that maybe 40% of our drawings have the specific symbol. Its not a huge issue really, when we insert the symbol its very obvious that it isnt filled in so we usually just click the form rule anyways. I was just curious about if specific triggers could be created. 

Message 4 of 4
yannicknielsen
in reply to: dfitting

They may be able to - But you can have the event trigger anyway. It will fill out the iproperties, but unles the symbol is there, they won't show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report