Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When detailing a generated frame, view shows elongated frame members

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dnewman
350 Views, 1 Reply

When detailing a generated frame, view shows elongated frame members

Hello again!  I come across this problem from time to time and generally either just ignore it, if the detail is destined for in house manufacture, or alter it in autocad if it's destined for exterior suppliers.

Our guard frames are manufactured from extruded aluminum section (made by a company called palletti) I have when needed created a new frame generator frame member for each new x-section that we wish to use. I then draw a 2d sketch for the base frame skeleton and then a 3d sketch for all the frame work above. This I then use in an assembly to create the framework.  This framework assembly then goes into a second assembly where the framework is then adorned with all the accoutrements that make up a guard frame that we can then order as an assembled frame, panels feet, hinges et al.

When placing the views for the detailing of the second assembly sometimes the view will show the wrong length for one or some of the frame members.

26-07-2012 13-00-40.jpg

;note how the left and right views are different and how some of the frame members are elongated on the lh view.

Has anyone ever experienced this from frame generator?  I'm guessing its because of the home grown frame members but all seems to work well other wise and this only happens infrequently.

Snap! Snap! I've Finally Cracked!
---=/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/=---
HP z210 16Gb ATI FirePro5800
Autodesk Produst design Suite 2012
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dnewman
in reply to: dnewman

OK cracked it!

I went into the assembly of the frame deleted the frame member modification trim to face and then saved the assembly checked that this changed the idw drawing error. (it had). Then went back into the assembly reapplied the trim to face mods saved and the idw now looking good.

Some sort of glitch,  just had a straw poll here and everyone has the same thing happen once in a while.

Snap! Snap! I've Finally Cracked!
---=/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/=---
HP z210 16Gb ATI FirePro5800
Autodesk Produst design Suite 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report