Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is?

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
tjamscad
688 Views, 26 Replies

What is?

What is the little display thing that pops up on Inventor 2012 when I am trying to excute an extrude or other feature? How do I turn it off?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
msklein
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

There's just not that many of us who started back on V3-4 for them to worry about , most users have started using somewhere shortly after they switched to year version numbers. Started on V3.

MSK

Message 22 of 27
blair
in reply to: msklein

You beat me, I started on IV4.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 23 of 27
tjamscad
in reply to: tjamscad

I AM NOT AS EXPERCINACED AS MOST OF YOU AUTOCAD R12 AND INVENTOR 1999 BUT I HATE THE FACT THAT FROM AUTOCAD TO INVENTOR THE UI IS NOT DUPLICATED. I ONLY USE CERTIN COMMANDS SO I DONT NEED RIBIONS AND EXTRA MENUS. JUST LET ME HAVE A COUPLE OF CUSTOM TOOLBARS AND RIGHT CLIGHT MENU AND I AM ALL GOOD. I MISS SOLIDWORKS

Message 24 of 27
mflayler2

The interface itself is pretty well duplicated now (more than it was in the past IMOP) and Inventor really started the trend of the Ribbon in CAD software by being the first to adopt it across platforms.  Occasionally in Revit when I have to go into it, I feel better about getting around because it is laid out like AutoCAD and Inventor.  If you look at the other CAD programs (competitors) they are really adopting it as well.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 25 of 27
tjamscad
in reply to: mflayler2

AGREED RIBBION IS HERE TO STAY, BUT I STILL WOULD LIKE TO CUSTIMZE IT FOR ME. THE CUSTIMIZE USER COMMANDS IS NOT AS NEAT AND TIDDY AS I WOULD LIKE. I WANT MY OWN RIBBION AND I WANT IT TO CHAGE AND ADAPT WHEN I AM READY FOR IT. I HAVE BEEN AT A COMPANY THAT HAS UPGRADED VERSION EVERY YEAR AND STOPPED AT 2011, NOW I AM WITH A NEW COMAPNY AND THEY ARE 2012, THE LITTLE DIFFERENCES ARE JUST UNNESSARY FOR ME.

Message 26 of 27
karthur1

One thing that I have noticed about the mini toolbar is in the input area.  In the dialog, I can swipe over what is input there and it will show me the value.  In the mini toolbar you cant do that.  Very annoying for me because many times I need to know what is input there and its not just a number, but it could be an equation or a sum of many numbers.

Im trying to get used to using the mini toolbar, but it is a struggle for me.  I like the dialog better. I hated the ribbon when it first came out to though, but now I would never use the classic menu if have the choice. I think eventually they will do away with the dialog box.

2012-02-20_1734.png

Message 27 of 27
SBix26
in reply to: karthur1

I like the fact that the mini-toolbar is right where I'm working.  On my 30" screen it can be a long way over to the dialog box.  However, there are lots of extra clicks involved which make it less useful.  If it's a simple extrude or revolve, the mini is quick and easy.  But for holes, there is way too much clicking involved-- almost everything I need is one click in the dialog box.  Even for a simple extrude, I frequently use the symmetric extrude option, which involves two clicks, each of them involving a "find with the eyes" operation before clicking.  With proper mouse acceleration, it's still quicker and easier to whip over to the dialog and take care of everything.

As Mark mentioned, the context sensitive icons that appear with a face/feature selection are a great enhancement.  But I still mostly use the dialog boxes for feature placement and editing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report