Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with you?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dl.0910.ictadmin
800 Views, 6 Replies

What is wrong with you?

You people are terrible to deal with.

You make good programs but you fail to support them.  You're website is nonsense, gibberish.  It does not follow standard web conventions such as a 3 click Maximum.  I have had to sign in to 3 different parts of your website and still have not found the page I am looking for and I was only there the other day.

Your site is too confusing.  ONE LOGIN.  As in only ONE single place a user can login and from there they can go to different services or product pages or whatever.  It's like you have 5 or more websites linked together like click-bait.  

I downloaded 1 version of Inventor Pro 2015 from one of these pages and it was only 374MB.  I downloaded it from another page and it was 4GB.  This file corrupted.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rangt
in reply to: dl.0910.ictadmin

Hello.

If you'd like to e-mail me directly I can try to help you get this sorted out.  It seems you're trying to download Inventor Pro 2015 but have been unsuccessful so far.

Tom Rang
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
sistcon

I sadly had to agree with Tim. I live the same thing some years ago, and now is still the same.. I use the Autodesk web page, saving the links to favorite in my browser because I am afraid that never find it anymore if I close the tab.. I keep finding duplicate pages, that contein the same information but in diferent format or out of date.

It would be a lot easier for the new users if Autodesk could find a way to make this page more friendly.. (for all Autodesk products)

..Thanks

Message 4 of 7
mrattray

I suggest using the Virtual Agent for downloads.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7

I finally discovered that I needed BOTH files the 374MB and the 4GB file to complete the install of Inventor 2015.  Not a problem to need 2 files however both files were in 2 separate places and no where did it entail anything about requiring more than 1 file.  One I got from the education section and the other I got from the subscription section.  

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 6 of 7
LT.Rusty

The problem you're having is with your web browser, not with Autodesk.  (Well, not directly anyway ...)

When you do the browser download option, you are downloading two files.  Problem is, most web browsers assume that if one click is downloading multiple files, then it's probably a malware attack of some sort and block the second file by default.  

It would be nice if Autodesk provided separate links for the two files that need to be downloaded, just to avoid this issue.  It seems to crop up at least once a week or so.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
dl.0910.ictadmin
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thank you very much for that answer.

I believe you are correct with 2 file downloads at both locations.  It's just that on one page it downloaded one of the two and the other location the other file. Nowhere did I read that 2 files were going to download and nowhere did I read that 2 files were needed.

My main concerns however are about the website.  The practical issue I had may have sparked my frustration but the logic behind my complaint lies completely in the design of the Autodesk Website and the lack of support that it provides.  They don't even have a call center to get help.  If you're not going to have a call centre you should really make sure your website provides answers instead of a maze of meaningless information.  The layout is extremely important and for crying our loud follow standard web design conventions.  This site might as well be hosted by geocities.

Profits lie solely on the fact that the products in and of themselves seem to be pretty solid.  I wouldn't know because I don't use them, but they wouldn't be standard programs used across multiple industries if they weren't.  Here's an idea.  Make a better website.  Offer better support.  Enjoy higher profits.  Increase programmer salary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report