Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Autodesk 360, Design Review, Recap, Vault Basic, and DWG TrueView?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
962 Views, 2 Replies

What is Autodesk 360, Design Review, Recap, Vault Basic, and DWG TrueView?

Hello Autodesk Forum,

We are the Charging Champions, FTC team #8660. 

We downloaded the Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 STUDENT VERSION software, but it also came with 5 more programs (Autodesk 360, Autodesk Design Review, Autodesk Recap, Autodesk Vault Basic, and DWG TrueView). We wanted to know the funtion of each of these programs. 

We are new to Autodesk, so expect a lot of questions coming up soon! 🙂

Thank you,

The Charging Champions

FTC Team #8660

Like us at: https://www.facebook.com/chargingchampions

Email us at: charging.champions@gmail.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk 360 (also known as A360) is basically an Autodesk hosted colaboration "drop-box" where you can store files and different team members can gain access from anywhere in the world.

I recommend that you investigate and practice using the A360 website for your project.

Design Review is a viewing app that does not require Inventor for others to see what you are working on.  You can save your work in a web format (*.dwfx) that anyone with Design Review or a Windows OS can see the work - here is an example *.dwfx

(in that link I actually used another app, Autodesk Screencast to demonstrate how to use the dwfx)  You might want to look into Autodesk Screencast (I highly recommend it).

Recap - I have never used this app, I have basic understanding of what it does, but I will allow someone with actual experience using it to come along and comment.

Vault Basic - similar to A360 above - but local.  For your project, I recommend ignoring this one for now and use A360 instead.

DWG TrueView - a viewer for *.dwg format files.  One of the big uses of this app, other than for viewing dwg files, is to convert later files to earlier versions for users with ancient releases of AutoCAD.  I don't expect that you will have any need for this App.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for your reply, JDMather.

We just have one quick question: Is A360 like the Google drive for Autodesk? If you're not familiar with Google Drive, it is just an online file storage that allows anybody to collaborate (if the owners gives access).

Thank you and Happy New Year,
The Charging Champions
FTC Team #8660
Facebook page: facebook.com/chargingchampions
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopXKZO1IG3zsvQKCXF4ESQ
Email us at: charging.champions@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report