Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has changed?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sps_cad_guy
326 Views, 5 Replies

What has changed?

Something was changed in my Inventor settings yesterday, and I have no idea what it was, or how to change it back.

In the part sketch mode, when I go to dimension an object, I no longer get the box pop up for me to enter the dimension. I now have to double click the dimension in order to enter the correct dimension.

What was changed, and more importantly, how do I change it back?

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2014 SP2
ACAD Mechanical 2014
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mpatchus
in reply to: sps_cad_guy

We are experiencing a similiar issue with out hatch patterns.  It looks like an update to Windows7 was pushed out to our boxes yesterday and has affected reading of the Inventor XML files.  We aren't experiencing the issue on boxes that are running XP, or on Win7 boxes that were not updated.  We're using Vault, and all users are reading the same XML files.

We have our IT folks investigating now.  Will post any feedback I get.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 6
jtylerbc

No answer for you for WHY it changed, but:

Go to Tools, Application Options.  Pick the Sketch tab.  In the list of checkbox options near the bottom, there is one for "Edit dimension when created".  If this box is unchecked, check it and it should fix your problem.

Message 4 of 6
sps_cad_guy
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thank you so much for your help. That was the problem.

Would like to know how that got unchecked, but now I'll file that in the back

of my head for future reference.

Thanks again.

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2014 SP2
ACAD Mechanical 2014
Message 5 of 6
jtylerbc

You're welcome.

FYI in case it changed too - there's a similar option on the Drawing tab that does the same thing for annotation dimensions in drawings.

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

It is pretty easy to right click while in Dimension command and accidently turn this off.

Edit Dimension.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report