Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Graphics Card Should I use for Autodesk Inventor 2014?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
918 Views, 9 Replies

What Graphics Card Should I use for Autodesk Inventor 2014?

Hi All,

I got Autodesk InventorPro 2014 recently.  My computer has all the requirements except the graphics card and I am no expert on these.  I need one under $100 that lasts a while?  Any suggestions will help!

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Since Autodesks move from OpenGL to Inventor to DirectX, there is no need for expensive OpenGL cards. Find the fastest rated "Gamming" card that fits your budget.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Thanks for that but I need to know one that will work and $99 or less?  Anything works...

Thanks,

Message 4 of 10
dgorsman

We don't know where you are, or what you have access to, which means our costs aren't necessarily yours.  You'll have to handle that legwork yourself, I'm afraid.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

I'm in the US my computer is a

HP Envy 700-056/700-216 Desktop Computer With AMD A10 Quad-Core Accelerated Processor

12 gb of ram

AMD Radeon HD 8670D graphics with up to 6244MB total available memory

I can buy any place online?

Or retail stores?

Thanks,

Message 6 of 10
blair

With knowing what size of IAM files you are working on and the complexity of the IPT files, look for the fastest card in your price range. They will all work, just how fast will depend on what you are working on.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 10
tmoney2007
in reply to: blair

Which version of inventor moved to DirectX?
Message 8 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: tmoney2007

I don't have a memory that goes back that far to remember the release - but this might be relevant

https://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/78/442801/1/autodesk_inventor_opengl_to_di...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 10
blair
in reply to: tmoney2007

The first version that allowed either OpenGL and DirectX was release 11, not release 2011 but release 11 over eight years (releases) ago.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 10
LT.Rusty

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I got Autodesk InventorPro 2014 recently.  My computer has all the requirements except the graphics card and I am no expert on these.  I need one under $100 that lasts a while?  Any suggestions will help!

Thanks,

There is virtually no video card out there that meets both the criteria of "under $100" and "will last a while," unless your definition of "lasts a while" is "already obsolete and maybe even EOL'd before I purchase it."  This is probably the best thing you'll find in that price range, and it's already 2 generations behind what you've already got.  It doesn't have much longer before AMD stops even updating its drivers.

Now if you could go up to $200, on the other hand ...

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report