Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What good is a QAT ?

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Ray_P
908 Views, 18 Replies

What good is a QAT ?

When I add an I con - say my ilogic trigger to the QAT  It mystacally dissapears with each 2012 inventor session & with inventor 2011 all was good with my QAT.

Is there a hot-fix for this?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
MjDeck
in reply to: Ray_P

It should persist if you add it to the QAT once for each of the following: part, assembly and drawing.
Are you running Inventor 2012 SP1?  If not, I recommend upgrading to SP1.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 19
Ray_P
in reply to: MjDeck

We have been using 2012 sp1 for 4 mnths & I know I have added it to each environment at least a couple of dozen times - you can see my frustration. Its only the Ilogic trigger gui that fails to stick on my qat. I read older posts that metioned addins that acted like this.

We have 7 machines with same issues. I dont think its a hardware issue, but I have attahced the diagnostic.txt

Message 4 of 19
MjDeck

I don't see the problem on my machine.  You have the iLogic add-in set to Load Automatically, right?  Can you post a list of the add-ins that are loaded on your machine?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 19
Ray_P

Yes all addins loaded automatically - see screen shots

Message 6 of 19
MjDeck

As a test, can you try unloading the add-ins:
GeneralTools
iPropWiz 5
iPropWizUpdater

If that doesn't have any effect, please try adding the button to the QAT one more time.  Then exit Inventor.  In Windows Explorer, open the folder:
%AppData%\Autodesk\Inventor 2012

and post the file InventorCustomization.xml from that folder.

Does the same problem show up with commands from the other add-ins?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 19
Ray_P

Ok I did general test so far so good even after reloading IPROP WIZ 5 a must have as much or more than Ilogic trigger. I can guess what ipropwiz updater does but till I need it I will leave unloded as well as gernaeral tools btw - What does "gerneral tools" addin do?

thanks

Message 8 of 19
Ray_P

Is this a bug to be addressed?

Message 9 of 19
nmunro

Ray, I'm not sure how iLogic works with the Inventor UI, but add-ins require that they add themselves to the ribbon, QAT, or other UI elements each time Inventor starts. iPropWiz certainly won't have any effect on what iLogic is doing with the QAT.

Neil

https://c3mcad.com

Message 10 of 19
MjDeck
in reply to: nmunro

If unloading those add-ins fixes the problem, then it's not (exclusively) an Inventor issue.  I don't think that GeneralTools is part of the Inventor install.  In the Tools -> Add-ins dialog, can you click on it and see what it says for Description and Location at the bottom of the dialog?  Please post that information.
 An add-in could be failing to unload (deactivate) cleanly when you shut down Inventor.  That might prevent the QAT customizations from being saved.  If that's what's happening, you might be able to get an updated version of the add-in that would fix the problem.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 19
MjDeck

By itself, iLogic doesn't add commands to the QAT.  You can add any command to the QAT by right-clicking on it in the ribbon and choosing Add to Quick Access Toolbar.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 19
Ray_P

After rebooting and reloding must have - I PROP - I then tried to reload general tools & restarted Invenor trigger icon was gone again

general tools - SDK AddIn that provides general purpose command tools 

location is mscoree.dll

Thanks

Message 13 of 19
MjDeck

I found out that GeneralTools is part of UserTools, which is part of the Inventor SDK provided by Autodesk.  This is an optional install, not part of the standard Inventor.  It provides a Check Spelling and a Variable Pitch Helix command.  If you don't need it, please set it to not load.  If this add-in is causing QAT problems, we should be able to fix it in a future release.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 19
Ray_P

@MjDeck wrote:

By itself, iLogic doesn't add commands to the QAT.  You can add any command to the QAT by right-clicking on it in the ribbon and choosing Add to Quick Access Toolbar.

Really duh

Yes I know ilogic dosn't add commands to the QAT. I logic saves me time by doing Autodesks Job. Yes I can add them And they should stay there right ???  "Lord forgive me for that" I aplogize for the slam "that aint right"

Message 15 of 19
MjDeck

I wrote that in reply to nmunro (Neil).

Is the button staying in the QAT when you leave GeneralTools unloaded?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 19
Ray_P

@MjDeck wrote:

I found out that GeneralTools is part of UserTools, which is part of the Inventor SDK provided by Autodesk.  This is an optional install, not part of the standard Inventor.  It provides a Check Spelling and a Variable Pitch Helix command.  If you don't need it, please set it to not load.  If this add-in is causing QAT problems, we should be able to fix it in a future release.

Sorry to say the problem was here before I installed SDK tools. I checked a co-workers machine w/o SDK loaded her qat quits loading trigger icon as well. & why is it only the trigger Icon - can you add the trigger to the customize qat flyout list to be checked off like - open, save, undo heck include all the commands??? 

thanks - I need to do some work now - --

Message 17 of 19
MjDeck

Ray,

You said:

> Ok I did general test so far so good

I was hoping that something you did had solved the problem temporarily.  But I was wrong?  You have not been able to solve the problem temporarily by unloading add-ins?  Did you try unloading both iProp add-ins?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 19
Ray_P

@MjDeck wrote:

Ray,

You said:

> Ok I did general test so far so good

I was hoping that something you did had solved the problem temporarily.  But I was wrong?  You have not been able to solve the problem temporarily by unloading add-ins?  Did you try unloading both iProp add-ins?

Ok  -

It did solve the problem for now. I have reloaded all adinns except iprop updater. I restarted IV my ilogic trigger icon stayed where I put it on the QAT yahoo for now.

Thanks

Message 19 of 19
Ray_P

I reloded the iprop updater addin and rebooted machine the all addins are now loaded / automatically. I am happy to report "EVENT TRIGGERS" icon is where I left it. Maybe the unloading & reloading of addins fixed the problem. I will give it a couple of weeks !!! and let you know. Have you been able to recreate the issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report