Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What created these parameters?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Breeze104
531 Views, 14 Replies

What created these parameters?

I created a basic part using Inventor and some how something created some parameters out of the blue.  I know that I (or anyone else..because I am the only user) didn't create the parameters.  The parameters got created automaticly some how and I would like to know how this happened so I can do it again, because it would save a lot of time.

Here are some of the parameters that got created.  If anyone knows how they got created I would be most greatfull.

vParam_Title

vParam_Project
vParam_Description

I have included the file that this issue occurs in so maybe someone can figure it out.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mrattray
in reply to: Breeze104

Those look like they were created using the Exchange Apps add-in "iProperties Manager".

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 15
Breeze104
in reply to: mrattray

I have made the exact same modifications to similar files but these parameters didn't show up, so I am not sure how they got there to begin with.

Got any ideas?

Message 4 of 15
mrattray

Yeah, they look like they were made by the iProperty manager I mentioned. I'm thinking if you haven't ever messed with it (the exchange app), maybe somebody else that had their hands on the file has.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 15
Breeze104

ok...Since it is Monday...I may be a thick, but what exchange app are you talking about?  Being the IT guy here I know we don't have Exchange loaded on the server (we use outside source for email) so I am not quite sure what you are talking about.

Message 6 of 15
mrattray

I'm not talking about Microsoft Exchange! Smiley Very Happy

AutoDesk has an "App Exchange".

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 15
Breeze104

I have now exchange apps listed in the manager.

Message 8 of 15
Breeze104

I went out to the sight to see if I could find out something, but the site is giving me an error and won't load.  So I can't check there either.

Message 9 of 15
mrattray

Message 10 of 15
Breeze104

I tried a different browser and it worked

Message 11 of 15
Breeze104

but since I didn't have any Exchange programs running( or installed for that matter), I am unsure why these parameters showed up in one file but not the other 4?

Message 12 of 15
mrattray

Are there any other CAD users that may have had their hands in it?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 13 of 15
Breeze104

Nope, nobody else has been in it.  I was reminded though that for a little while I did have the exchange app "iProperties Manager" installed, but I don't remember having this particular file open with that program running.  If I did I should have had the associated parts open as well, but who knows.  Maybe I should reinstall it and see what happens.

Message 14 of 15
mrattray

You mean the same "iProperties Manager" I mentioned in the very fist reply?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 15 of 15
Breeze104

YES....YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!

I am just a lowly noob..... You are the MASTER......LOL

Had it not been Monday and had I not been so Sloooowww...on the up-take I might have remembered that I had done that when you mentioned it

Did I remember to tell you...YOU WERE  RIGHT!!! ???

LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report