Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well control (Blowout preventer)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
1530 Views, 6 Replies

Well control (Blowout preventer)

Please advise if somebody uses a system that can provide clear and actual build up schematics for BOP stack configurations etc. Do you have any recommendations on how to build these components.  Particular manufacturers of BOPs are Cameron, Hydril and Shaffer. I am looking to build drawings of our stack configurations, BOP systems etc.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please advise if somebody uses a system that can provide clear and actual build up schematics for BOP stack configurations etc. Do you have any recommendations on how to build these components.  Particular manufacturers of BOPs are Cameron, Hydril and Shaffer. I am looking to build drawings of our stack configurations, BOP systems etc.

Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr

I have no idea what constitues an acceptable "build up schematic" for on but it would be simple to model that type of assembly in Inventor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: mcgyvr

Not sure if the intent is to build these from scratch for sale, or "fake it in" for appearance purposes.  But these are critical service components - using anything less than properly spec'd and engineer approved drawings is asking for regulators to step in with their lawyers.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Well head BOP's are incredibly high pressure and not for the faint of heart. If you are looking to produce an actual working BOP, I would strongly suggest that you look at purchasing one. The potential for disaster in the event of a failure is huge.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Guys, thanks for the replies. Intention is not to fake or manufacture the product. We are the end-user of the BOP and just want to ask if there is an available Autodesk catalog that I can use.

Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys, thanks for the replies. Intention is not to fake or manufacture the product. We are the end-user of the BOP and just want to ask if there is an available Autodesk catalog that I can use.

I highly doubt you will find then already modeled in an "Autodesk" library.

Typically one would download the files from the manufacturers website or contact them and have them send it to you.

You might request "step" or "iges" files. 

Or you may just have to model them up from any drawings they provide. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report