Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
dcmorgan
Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)
Accepted Solution

Weldment

141 Views, 2 Replies
06-06-2012 12:57 PM

I am creating an assembly, and I just converted it over to the weldment environment where I will be placing 8 welds on a ring. Before I can place the welds on there, it asks me to specify the weld bead material. I set it at Welded Mild Steel. I want to eventually save out the entire assembly and replace the components with stainless steel parts. My question is can I can now go back and change the welded material to "stainless steel"?? How can you get material to show up on the welded symbol?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

To change Weld Material simply right click on the Welds Folder in the Assembly Tree --> iProperties-->Physical Tab and then under the Material heading use the Pull Down Tab to select material.

Valued Mentor
GSE_Dan_A
Message 2 of 3 (140 Views)

Re: Weldment

06-06-2012 01:01 PM in reply to: dcmorgan

To change Weld Material simply right click on the Welds Folder in the Assembly Tree --> iProperties-->Physical Tab and then under the Material heading use the Pull Down Tab to select material.

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Mentor
dcmorgan
Message 3 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: Weldment

06-08-2012 01:14 PM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

THANKS A LOT...I GOT IT.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.