Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weldment

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Zac-C
679 Views, 12 Replies

Weldment

The file attached contains a main pipe with 4 flanges mated onto the pipe.I have not used the Weldment feature before so would please like some guideance and help.What steps would i use to Weld the 2 small upright pipes on top of the main pipe and Weld the 4 flanges onto the 4 small curved pipes underneath the main pipe?

Any help appreciated.....IJC

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
blair
in reply to: Zac-C

First, you need to either convert this existing model to a Weldment, or start a new model as a weldment. Then enter the Weld Module. The rest is straight forward, or read the "Help"

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 13
Zac-C
in reply to: blair

Blair...thanks for the reply....will take your advice and follow.

Blair is also possible to use Weld where i attached the 4 flanges onto the curved pipes under the main pipe?

Best Regards

IJC

Message 4 of 13
blair

Yes, it's done the same way.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 13
Zac-C

Thank you

Message 6 of 13
Zac-C

I was able to weld the 2 end pipes but was not able to weld the middle pipe.I used the same technique as the 2 end pipes but could not get it to work.I also tried some other welds but again would not work...What technique is required to weld the middle pipe onto the bottom pipe?

Thanks....IJC

Message 7 of 13
blair

Your IAM file is useless without the required IPTfiles

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 13
Zac-C

Here is the file..thanks

Message 9 of 13
blair

The files you sent only contain a single part "Part1" and it's a flat plate with a slot and a couple of other holes.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 13
Zac-C

Will this picture help..The large pipe in the middle without the weld is the one i cannot get to work... Both pipes are 3" in diameter...thanks again

Message 11 of 13
blair

You will probably have to do a Split-Face on the riser pipe. This will give a funny result at the points on the riser pipe.

Your Split-Face line will start at the end-point of the cope of the Riser pipe.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 13
Zac-C

Thanks Blair...IJC

Message 13 of 13
eih5

Hi,

Did you ever figure this out?

I am dealing with exactly the same problem, putting weldments on two pipes of same diameter.  I tried to use Split-Face but couln't get this to work. Help would be very much appreciated.

Einar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report