Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weldment problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
arto.ww
845 Views, 9 Replies

Weldment problem

How can I make a weldment in these kind of situtation? Arrow is pointing where I want weldment to be.

There's cut in circle part and other part is filling that to half way. How can I fill that with weld?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: arto.ww

When you see a "Cross-Part" error, this usually points to "Adaptively". When you clear (un-check) the Adaptively on the parts, the welds in the "slots" can be made.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
JDMather

This assembly is designed incorrectly.

Tap Drill Size.png

A 20mm hole will not have any material for threads.

And a 20x8 box will not fit into a 20x8 hole (unless the parts are made to very tight tolerance and press fit).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
arto.ww

Blair: That did the trick. Thanks!

Now I can make fillet welds around the slot. Is it possible to fill that slot with one weld? If you know what I mean.

JDMather: Yes it might be incorrect, I'm just learning. I thought that when I put thread in same size extruded hole would be correct way. Perhaps it would be easier to use Hole command with thread option.

Message 5 of 10
blair

Select the"Base surface for your #1, then select the four sides for your #2. You will then get all four sides under one fillet.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 10
arto.ww
in reply to: blair

Yes I did that, but I don't mean that now. I mean is there a possiblity to make one single weld, one bigger weld which is edge to edge in that slot.

Message 7 of 10
blair

Look at "Groove Weld"

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 10
arto.ww

Yes that works. I tried it before but I chose faces from different parts, that didn't fill the slot. Now I chose faces from same part (circle), opposite sides of slot. That filled the slot entirely.

But if I do a stress analysis to this weldment, it would be better to put fillet welds around slot faces?

Message 9 of 10
blair

Most of my FEA work is done in Mechanical Simulation. I'm not sure how the FEA within IV would treat the zero-gap items and how it reads/treats welds.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 10
arto.ww

I don't need that FEA, just a question what came in my mind.

Thanks for your answers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report