Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weldment arrays?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
104 Views, 4 Replies

Weldment arrays?

I just made a weldment from an assembly and now I need to put a ton of holes in the assy. I tried to array the one hole I made but it doesnt allow me to array the hole but will array the sub component. Is this correct? If so, is there a way to array the hole in the weldment? I dont want to put holes in the individual components as it wont be built that way. TIA Jay
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jay, Yes, this is correct. There is no known way of arraying the hole in the weldment. We are aware of this issue. This not only applies to holes but also the weld beads, etc. Shekar[Autodesk] "JayK" wrote in message news:40d8411d$1_3@newsprd01... > I just made a weldment from an assembly and now I need to put a ton of holes > in the assy. > I tried to array the one hole I made but it doesnt allow me to array the > hole but will array the sub component. > Is this correct? > If so, is there a way to array the hole in the weldment? > I dont want to put holes in the individual components as it wont be built > that way. > > TIA > > Jay > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

How do you achieve a high level of productivity using the IV "weldment" environment if you can't array features? Seems like weldments are not ready for prime time. 3D User "Shekar Subrahmanyam[Autodesk]" wrote in message news:40d858f0$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Jay, > > Yes, this is correct. There is no known way of arraying the hole in the > weldment. > > We are aware of this issue. This not only applies to holes but also > the weld beads, etc. > > Shekar[Autodesk] > "JayK" wrote in message > news:40d8411d$1_3@newsprd01... > > I just made a weldment from an assembly and now I need to put a ton of > holes > > in the assy. > > I tried to array the one hole I made but it doesnt allow me to array the > > hole but will array the sub component. > > Is this correct? > > If so, is there a way to array the hole in the weldment? > > I dont want to put holes in the individual components as it wont be built > > that way. > > > > TIA > > > > Jay > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I would agree that it needs more work. Thanks "3D User" wrote in message news:40d877a4$1_3@newsprd01... > How do you achieve a high level of productivity using the IV "weldment" > environment if you can't array features? Seems like weldments are not ready > for prime time. > > 3D User > > "Shekar Subrahmanyam[Autodesk]" wrote in message > news:40d858f0$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi Jay, > > > > Yes, this is correct. There is no known way of arraying the hole in > the > > weldment. > > > > We are aware of this issue. This not only applies to holes but also > > the weld beads, etc. > > > > Shekar[Autodesk] > > "JayK" wrote in message > > news:40d8411d$1_3@newsprd01... > > > I just made a weldment from an assembly and now I need to put a ton of > > holes > > > in the assy. > > > I tried to array the one hole I made but it doesnt allow me to array the > > > hole but will array the sub component. > > > Is this correct? > > > If so, is there a way to array the hole in the weldment? > > > I dont want to put holes in the individual components as it wont be > built > > > that way. > > > > > > TIA > > > > > > Jay > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Certainly it affects productivity. To make the list complete we will also have to consider the following: 1. Copy 2. Mirror 3. Combine/Uncombine of components, weld beads and machining features like the holes. Thanks. Shekar "JayK" wrote in message news:40d87990$1_1@newsprd01... > I would agree that it needs more work. > > Thanks > > > > "3D User" wrote in message > news:40d877a4$1_3@newsprd01... > > How do you achieve a high level of productivity using the IV "weldment" > > environment if you can't array features? Seems like weldments are not > ready > > for prime time. > > > > 3D User > > > > "Shekar Subrahmanyam[Autodesk]" wrote in message > > news:40d858f0$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Hi Jay, > > > > > > Yes, this is correct. There is no known way of arraying the hole in > > the > > > weldment. > > > > > > We are aware of this issue. This not only applies to holes but > also > > > the weld beads, etc. > > > > > > Shekar[Autodesk] > > > "JayK" wrote in message > > > news:40d8411d$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > I just made a weldment from an assembly and now I need to put a ton of > > > holes > > > > in the assy. > > > > I tried to array the one hole I made but it doesnt allow me to array > the > > > > hole but will array the sub component. > > > > Is this correct? > > > > If so, is there a way to array the hole in the weldment? > > > > I dont want to put holes in the individual components as it wont be > > built > > > > that way. > > > > > > > > TIA > > > > > > > > Jay > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report