Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welding Assembly problems.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Ameldur
607 Views, 7 Replies

Welding Assembly problems.

Hi,

never used a welding assembly before and im having some issues getting the welds to match the drawing, when i attempt them myself 6.35 appears to be way too much compared to the drawing, what am i doing wrong? 😞

Attaching assembly files and drawing.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rdyson
in reply to: Ameldur

This is what I see when adding the welds to the assembly:

Capture2.JPG

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 8
Ameldur
in reply to: rdyson

Yeah, that's what I mean, those weld fillets don't match the drawing. Right? 🙂 A weld fillet of around 2 matches though, is the fillet simply incorrect on the drawing?

Message 4 of 8
blair

They match the Fillet Leg requirements of 6.35mm. This is why they look larger/wider on the face view.

Capture1.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
Ameldur
in reply to: blair

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean 😞

The drawing has a 3D view and they don't seem to match mine when I add those fillets. Just doesn't look right..

Message 6 of 8
blair

I assume you mean the shape or length of the leg on the one view is larger on the front view from the side view. If you look at the picture I posted you will understand what Inventor is doing. Because the one leg wraps onto the curved body it must lap over the body to get the correct leg length on curved surface.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
Ameldur
in reply to: blair

I kind of understand what you mean. But to get it to match the drawing in size, what do I have to do? I must be doing something wrong, as it looks nothing like the drawing when i add the 6.35 welds. Sorry, as I said it's the first time i'm doing this sort of assembly so I'm kind of flying blind.

Message 8 of 8
blair

You would need to have a un-equal leg fillet for it to look the same. As you can see from the picture I posted with the measure line. This leg is 6.35mm, you can also see that it's out beyond the inside face of the flange. This is your problem. The weld fillet leg is correct but because of this angle that's required the fillet runs onto the curved body.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report